WIP - My Masterchief MK VI build

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Ichan, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:09 AM.

1. Ichan

Ichan New Member

Hello y'all!

I've seen a few post of other people sharing their builds, so here I am adding my stuff ;) I actually don't have any questions regarding this project, I just want to share it.

I am making the base out of pepakura. Then I will be adding fiberglass and epoxy, to make the armor durable. I have been thinking of making it our of foam at first, but foam is to leightweight and easy to deform, although it's not as heavy as epoxy. I have my boyfriend doing most of the fiberglass and epoxy stuff, as he already built 2 masterchiefs himself. :) But I definitly want to try doing that myself too.

I am only uploading a few pictures here as thumbnails, mostly from the pepakura bases, as i don't want to overload the forum. But I am uploading all other related pictures in the gallery, if someone is interested :lol:

20180807_215804.jpg Helmet
    20180908_151122.jpg 20180910_224117.jpg 20180910_224142.jpg Torso
    20181126_170157.jpg 20181126_170204.jpg lower leg armor
    20190105_144839.jpg 20190105_144858.jpg Shoes
    20190112_131909.jpg 20190112_131915.jpg Shoulder

20190101_223043.jpg
    The helmet here is already fiberglassed, sanded and I added filler.

I will be editing this post over time, as to add my progress.
    By the way, my deadline is set for end of february, so wish me luck xD

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And if you got any suggestions for me to make this even better, please tell me! I am always eager to learn new stuff!

Greetings, Isa_chan

Attached Files:

2. serenko3

serenko3 Member 405th Regiment Officer

Well done, your off to a very good start. Keep up the good work and take your time finishing. Keep filling and sanding until you have it to where you absolutely want it and are happy with it.

3. Ichan

Ichan New Member

Thank you serenko3! I'll give it my all! I definitly want to wear this cosplay to my first con this year xD

4. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Good luck! Your pep looks really good so far. Kind of ambitious to finish by Feb., but I'm looking forward to seeing how you work it out. I feel like you're the kind of person that can pull this off. Be sure to keep us posted!

Dirtdives, TurboCharizard and Ichan like this.
  5. Ichan

Ichan New Member

Thank you for your optimism Sean! :) motivation is really big right now, so I keep up my performance.
    Also my boyfriend is also building on his own, so I have help xD

I will keep you up to date, don't worry ;)

6. Badkitty

Badkitty Member

This is looking awesome!! Keep posting so we can see the good work you have been doing!! I bet your going to be excited when it all comes together!!
    I bet you get done sooner then you think but the end of Feb. is a great due date!!
    Good luck and see some more from you soon!!!!!:D:D:D

Dirtdives, Ichan and TurboCharizard like this.
  7. Ichan

Ichan New Member

So nice, thank you for the extra motivation :D
    I know it's still a lot of work, but we want to attend a con with them so badly. We probably will end up with some all nighters right before the con starts xD but if we finish then that's worth it!

Btw: I totally like your name xD

Badkitty and Dirtdives like this.
  8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Keeper of Con Lists Community Staff

Yeah......what they said........I hate coming late to a party.......everything good and interesting to the conversations already been said.........So I will grunt ambiguously and say "Hruggg. Get back to work"......good job.

SI3RRA 117, Ichan, Badkitty and 2 others like this.
  9. Ichan

Ichan New Member

don't worry about beeing late to a party. xD i just started playing halo in december.. so.. late is my second name i guess ;)

SI3RRA 117 and Dirtdives like this.