WIP ~ The Pepakura Wookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

chwbcc1

I have been getting so excited for Star Wars Celebration V and I somehow got side tracked looking at cosplay and eventually landed on a really good WIP for Chewie on The Dented Helmet.

The tutorial mentions creating an underskull to support the laytex/rubber skin and fur. Well the underskull created for the WIP required too much sculpting for me and I thought that a pepakura file could be used to create the same effect and much easier to build.

So here is an underskull I created:

Chewbacca_Underskull.pdo

Chewbacca-Underskull%20Cover.jpg

The next step would be to fiberglass and smooth the piece. The use sculpty clay to create the face details like the lips and nose. Next cast a mold for the laytex/rubber skin over lay. Pull a few skins and test fit them over the underskull.

After the skin is pulled the underskull will be modified to create the working jaw with teeth.

Finally the skull will be covered with a mesh neck cloth to cover the back of the head, glue the skin to the skull and then latch hook and glue hair to the head.

I plan on following as much of the WIP on TDH as possible but there are a lot of pieces that still need to be filled in.

So, what do you guys think of the file? Are there any ideas or suggestions you guys have?

You could also do is sculpt over the skull, and make a plater mold so you can make the latex masks and have a lighter skull by just filling the mask with foam. Then all you will have to do is add the hair.
You can do that for the whole costume, but if its a hot day you will screwed lol

LATEX + FLORIDA'S WEATHER = A LOT OF SWEAT :p

Yeah, I've got tons of EXP working in costumes out in the Florida sun! The Laytex isn't too bad it's the layers of padding and fur that kills you!

I'm working on cutting the Pep apart and I need to work on the scale. I'll post it later tonight. if not by the weekend. Work is really buy right now and I am pressed on some video projects I have due next Wed.

Take breaks every 30-40 min and drink a lot of water. There is nothing in the world that will keep you cool, otherwise Disney would have invested in it to keep us on set longer.

Take breaks every 30-40 min and drink a lot of water. There is nothing in the world that will keep you cool, otherwise Disney would have invested in it to keep us on set longer.

Hey are they still selling tickets. I would like to go but It will be kinda akward going as a spartan lol.
And I dont think 3 weeks will be enough to make a storm trooper suit

If anyone is looking for Celebration Tickets, My comic shop Heroeslanding.com has some. They are the same price and you won't have to wait in line to get them. I got mine in the mail yesterday! Can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back