Word Engravings on Bondo Filler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgSHADOW

Hi, 405th, here's my situation:
I've decided to make a Halo: CE era pistol for a female friend for Christmas. Lots of things culminated in this: she's rather shy and I hate for her to be so much so. She's recently recessed from Halo, so it's also a "Halo goodbye" present. Halo means so much to me, so I think it's big. Finally and frankly, if you saw her, you'd do the same! Shaky part: it will be the FIRST finished piece I've ever done. Most of pieces have not went past the resin stage(I have the appropriate materials now). I do have an eye for perfection, so I don't think it will be a problem. I'm well educated in the process and stages. I'm currently resin'ing the piece. I plan to Bondo the day after tomorrow and detail onward.

Now that you've wrapped your head around that, here's the question. I'd like to add an elevated attention to detail in my armor and weapons, in this case, engravings. By engravings, I mean Misriah Armory trademarks, serial numbers, etc. Could clear-to-make-out words be made into Bondo? Is there anyone that might have a suggestion? Thank you!

(I hope I didn't bore you with my novel above!)

Yea it can be done it will just be kind of time consuming. If you have a dremel with a small engraving tip it will be pretty straight forward. Draw on what you want to engrave first. Then go at it with your dremel. Once it's engraved and it's painted small detail paint will make it pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back