Not open for further replies.

RHM

488CFC24-BD15-4069-886F-D60E152E8E68.jpeg
F9280885-D392-44C8-8AF0-0962492D66AE.jpeg
3FEB6D59-8080-4154-9AFF-F27BB2FF0D97.jpeg
19A85544-E62F-49C0-96A2-838CD02BCED9.jpeg
D106D3C4-3CEF-490E-8E5D-779BF659EF5A.jpeg
Hi
Been working on this awhile. It actually works so i figured i’d share with the group.

Hi
Not a great one,but there is a video of it at steel city con on YouTube wiicubefilms channel
Will make a better one before long

Hi
Not a great one,but there is a video of it at steel city con on YouTube wiicubefilms channel
Will make a better one before long
Pretty neat:
Is it all eva foam or plastic bits with foam attached for comfort?

With tax season coming I'm hoping to use some of my rebate to start building armor powered by a gas engine (I have a bit of a record with giant robots). The powercell hatch on the back reminds me quite a bit of an engine flywheel.
Won't be looking nice as this or as easy to get into though :/

Hi
It’s probably 75% sintra and 25% eva. Steel frame. Weight is a big issue- i did the bare minimum everywhere for weight and it barely holds together and im still at 70 lbs. still some tinkering to do- may make skins for frame of other armor types like in the game.
Are you looking at low pressure hydraulic with the gas engine? I started looking that way in the beginning but I figured this project had a low chance of success and didn’t want to gamble that nuch cash
Lol
I got a bunch of build pics if u interested.

Pretty neat:
Is it all eva foam or plastic bits with foam attached for comfort?

With tax season coming I'm hoping to use some of my rebate to start building armor powered by a gas engine (I have a bit of a record with giant robots). The powercell hatch on the back reminds me quite a bit of an engine flywheel.
Won't be looking nice as this or as easy to get into though :/
P.s.
I like the robot- Is it going to A con anytime soon?

Hi
It’s probably 75% sintra and 25% eva. Steel frame. Weight is a big issue- i did the bare minimum everywhere for weight and it barely holds together and im still at 70 lbs. still some tinkering to do- may make skins for frame of other armor types like in the game.
Are you looking at low pressure hydraulic with the gas engine? I started looking that way in the beginning but I figured this project had a low chance of success and didn’t want to gamble that nuch cash
Lol
I got a bunch of build pics if u interested.

MARDUK there is probably going to appear in local parades: I don't yet have a trailer to haul him around since he's over 10ft tall.

My power armor is not going to use hydralics, pneumatics or even electronics (at least for the powered bits).

I've been working on a device prototype over a year. I call it a "Mechanical Power Distribution Matrix" (MPDM), a mechanism that can directly transfer the rotational energies of a single motor to multiple points of articulation. Theoretically a set of legs with the engine I currently have kicking around could lift around 297lbs with this system. (2 of harbor freights best would give a 1/2 ton lift for the entire humanoid shape w/24 points of articulation minus pilot and armor weight -400lbs for motors and pilot alone, another 100 for the armor structure and that's about 500 lbs back lift weight or 200lbs arm lift) So far the only drawback is the size: a matrix for just a set of legs (12 points of articulation) would be roughly a 12"x12"x18" cube. The prototype has worked quite well with a power drill but lubrication is an issue: will have to integrate an oilpan into the internal combustion engine version.

Probably a PVC pipe frame with some metal bits to support the engine. It will be loud, clanky, smelly and greasy but it will be power armor. More diesel-punk than anything. Tempted to use metal for all of it but it might get too heavy.

For obvious reasons I'm keeping the PDM close to my chest until I build it, but the initial 6.5hp build is looking like less than $1000, or even $500.

Now that, is amazing! Any chance you'll be adding the armor pieces in the future or just keeping it an exo-suit? Also, I see the one video is from Steel City Con, are you local to the Pitt area or just passing by?

Now that, is amazing! Any chance you'll be adding the armor pieces in the future or just keeping it an exo-suit? Also, I see the one video is from Steel City Con, are you local to the Pitt area or just passing by?
Hi
Im close to Pittsburgh so i go there regularly. Will be doing youngstown comic con & colossalcon this year as well with it. It will be just a frame this year.
Im giving serious thought about an excavator skin on it next year, or mabey a palladin danse since I don’t really want to wear a helmet.
Thnz

Hi
Im close to Pittsburgh so i go there regularly. Will be doing youngstown comic con & colossalcon this year as well with it. It will be just a frame this year.
Im giving serious thought about an excavator skin on it next year, or mabey a palladin danse since I don’t really want to wear a helmet.
Thnz
Yes, Danse would be a good choice if you don't want to be confined by a helmet all day. I live up in Erie, but I come down to Pitt and Altoona for a couple conventions throughout the year (Tekko and Scifi Valleycon) Hopefully I'll catch up with you at a con and get to see this amazing work of art in person.

Yes, Danse would be a good choice if you don't want to be confined by a helmet all day. I live up in Erie, but I come down to Pitt and Altoona for a couple conventions throughout the year (Tekko and Scifi Valleycon) Hopefully I'll catch up with you at a con and get to see this amazing work of art in person.
Are tekko & sci fi valley as big as steel city con? I’ve heard of both but haven’t got to see them yet

Are tekko & sci fi valley as big as steel city con? I’ve heard of both but haven’t got to see them yet
In comparison to Steel City, Tekko is more cosplay and anime focused with a decent vendors room and a big game room, plus some really good photo spots.
Sci-fi valleycon is very similar to Steel City in it being mostly a vendor/guest convention but it's also where a bunch of 405th members from PA, NY, and a few other states meet up and have a booth at. Tekko is in April and Scifi valleycon is in June.
Attendance wise, Tekko has about 2,000-3,000 attendees and same goes for scifi-valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back