worlds most greatest mold making site!!!!

nickelback227

Jr Member
This man's name is john greer and he sells MAJOR cheap moldmaking products. I hear it is better quality then TAP and Smooth-On.
smooth on price for 1 gallon of rebound 25 brushable silicone:158$
greers:112$

smoothon smoothcast casting urethane 1gallon: 73$!
greers: 2 GALLONS FOR 72!!!

heres the link

http://www.jgreer.com/index.htm

HEROGEAR LOVES THIS SITE

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this boat building stuff will work for prop mold making. I hope Link and Sean take a look at this and give us there opinion.

To those who have molded before... I checked out this site and latex seems better, cheaper, and more flexible. Why not use?

nickelback227

Jr Member
this site has VERY cheap latex

TAP latex: 45$
greers: 42$

not much of a difference but his thickens more (so the site says)

he also has cheap foam,

smoothon:113 for gallon
greer: 72 for gallon

I might be the first to try him out, since I asked a question about resin and herogear was nice enough to save me some money! I owe ya man!

nickelback227

Jr Member
well i might just do something cheap like casting a magnum with his products or something just so i dont waste much money if it doesn't work

guidwi

Jr Member
For all intents and purposes, this product has the same values as the smooth-on stuff.

Technically, it should work just as well.
I think I'll go through these guys for my stuff.

Think about it, in the end, Resin is Resin, the consistency doesnt change much and if it does its a tiny one. So you should be good with this.

nickelback227

Jr Member
quixand_prop said:
For all intents and purposes, this product has the same values as the smooth-on stuff.

Technically, it should work just as well.
I think I'll go through these guys for my stuff.

SPARTAN405 said:
Think about it, in the end, Resin is Resin, the consistency doesnt change much and if it does its a tiny one. So you should be good with this.

EXACTLY!!! THIS IS GREAT STUFF!

falcon NL

Master Chef said:
To those who have molded before...latex seems better, cheaper, and more flexible. Why not use?
Latex is a volcanic rubber. This means that there is a high % of water in the rubber. When the rubber drys, the mold is going to shirk. A not a little bit, a whole lot. Therefore its better to use a 2 part rubber mold and not latex.

Latex is good for...well...latex masks. lol.

Not only that ^^^ but with latex you have to wait a painfully long time for it to dry in between coats. The coats are thin. You need at least 20 for your mold to be nice. Nuff said!