Props Would like a little help fixing my old BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU64

Ok, I know everyone is used to uber awesome looking weapons by now, and that this is an old one but I just decided to make a new back section to my old BR. Just to make it look a little "updated"
The proportions aren't helping much and maybe its just me but it just seems a bit weird. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
Anyway, here's an image with the before at the top, the new section, and the overall look of the new part including the removable aluminum ammo clip.
Gunfix.jpg

The little peg sticking out the back is the clip release.

Any suggestions? Feel free, even draw on it if you think you can make it look better. This is just a temp part for size.

ID see any problems man. if anything the only problem is that is its very cool looking.

well, one way i have seen ammo clip releases is that the release catch is actually on the magazine, so you could have the pin inside the magazine, and just slide it like a door lock to release it.
here is an awful drawing

reallyreallybad.png

the black is the battle rifle
the red is the mag
the green is the pin. you can move the pin to the left to release it.

I'm ok with the release button, it pushes in to release the clip. What I'm concerned with mostly is the height of the new part, and the width of the clip..
I can move the button to the front/bottom if I make the clip wider.. Something like that.
I mean, is there a good reference image of the br without the clip, or the clip by itself?

I had the release button planned from the start.. I'm looking to adjust size proportions.

you could have a nub style release button and a bracket that holds the mag in place, when you release the nub/button the bracket releases the mag and the mag falls out like a actual BR/DMR

The release button is not a problem I'm trying to fix, it works perfectly right now. I just need some help on size proportions of the overall black piece that holds the clip..

If you're talking about the black piece that is the bottom of the magazine, it is a tad small compared to the rifle in-game, although I don't really see a problem with it unless you plan to put dummy rounds in the mag (assuming the magazine is too small to hold correctly-sized rounds).

If you mean the entire black portion on the back of the gun, then it seems to be the right size, but the shape doesn't accommodate an accurately sized magazine. Adjusting the shape of the region around the magazine so that the bottom of the magazine can expand out a bit more would be fantastic. If that doesn't make much sense, I can draw something up in Paint really fast.

Sorry if this isn't what you're looking for opinions on, but at least compared to the other replies it's a step in the right direction, right?

Ok, yes that is exactly what I'm looking for. I am aware that the overall rear section is a bit short compared to the h2 br and that is what I'm trying to work with. I also dont have any reference for the clip so I dont know the exact shape it has to be. I hav to make it work within the br body and still try to make it look ok. Maybe I could shorten the angled area in the back to make the clip longer.

Ok, yes that is exactly what I'm looking for. I am aware that the overall rear section is a bit short compared to the h2 br and that is what I'm trying to work with. I also dont have any reference for the clip so I dont know the exact shape it has to be. I hav to make it work within the br body and still try to make it look ok. Maybe I could shorten the angled area in the back to make the clip longer.

That would probably be your best bet. Shortening the angle at the front would make it look kinda funky. Maybe try making the angle at the back similar to the one at the front? I'm not sure what you should try. You could actually try lowering the angle at the back, as seen below, so that you can widen the magazine without screwing with the angles themselves.

Gunfix.jpg

Dude, if I may...

I've got the NAS Master Chief armour, and by now there's are million more and better looking higher quality armours available. Just look at blue realm for instance.
I've been wagering the possibility of doing a majour overhaul on the armor adding all the details mine lacks...
But in the end I decided against it. I'd prefer to start a new project even if it means doing the HD pepakura version rather than doing mentioned overhaul.

Why??
Very simple my friend. Because the NAS kit I bought and finished up myself I am very proud of. I AM going to change the color and such. But that's it.
In my opinion your BR looks damn sweet to me. Keep it the way it is. It's perfect nearly. But if you do feel the need to make a better looking one, do so with a new project. Keep this one as a trophy, just like your first armour. I remember having seen them on the intent shorty after you made them and you caused real shock and awe back then. Both whith your armor and weapons.
Again keep them as is, as a sort of trophy.

Just a friendly opinion from a admirer. ;-)

Daniel
(Cartagena, Spain).

I appreciate the comment. I still get emails to this day from random people about the "armor that started it all" and yes, I am keeping the BR as a trophy. The deal with this modification is that I can save the original part and have it interchangeable with the new one. Same reason why I'm going through the proportions drama, I'm not cutting anything from the original body.
Also I am working on a Halo4 armor and a metal DMR to go with it. If Halo4 does introduce a "new" BR, I'll make one (metal) to go with the DMR.

Thanks again!
Chris

Also, ImaGonnaGetYou,

On the BR, towards the back of the clip, how much of it is part of the clip? Is the BR clip that Lee made accurate to the game design? Its the only reference I can find of the clip outside of the rifle.

Nah, the barrel would not align with the pistol, and the pistol is a top loader. But I can put a CO2 tank and make it go POP POP! :)

Its an old crossman 1080 I shoved in the BR years ago.

I was just about to photoshop an overlay of the ingame gun for you but now I see you've fixed it already. LOL leave it to me to be a day late and a dollar short. HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back