Would Like Some Help Asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. I am practically finished with the PEP model of my marine helmet. I have some other things to add and the ear pieces, but it is built enough to size-test. I blew my entire weekend on this and was excited to finish, only to find that the space between the tip of my head in the front and the tip of the underside of the visor (that should fit snugly against your forehead) is so far out, I can literarly fit my head into that space. I am not too sure if this is how the marine helmet should be, as it seems to fit everywhere else (seems...I honestly can't tell with marine helmets) and I have been looking at pictures I printed of Adams armor, the armor from the films, and what little I could find of in-game models. It doesn't really seem to add up, so I am wondering if I did it wrong. In any case, I used the formula in the costume halo wiki for scaling PEP armor. I did the formula, added 2.5 inches, and put that in before doing that math.

If anyone can clue me in as to what the formula should be for this project, I am hesitant to dismantle/throw out this model and make any more moves until I can figure through this mess.

Thanks.

EDIT: here are a few quick pics, I think they show the size of the helm relative to my head. I am not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be.

000_0003.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0007.jpg

you should post pics so we can get a better idea but that might just be how the marine helmet fits if the rest of it fits good except for the visor part

looks like you made it too big, it has happened to me too, just remake it :(

PS also use the measurement adjust not scale, you usually get better results

Hmm, yeah, but the problem is, I need a good, working formula for scale. As far as I know, the marine helmet was scaled for a person roughly 6 feet tall. I am 5'6 1/2 (yes, I know, short). With the rather large protrusion in the front, I am not sure if the new figure I just go (23.5 as opposed to 25.6 in the assembled size box) is appropriate.

Edit: Measurement adjust? What's that?

Each model has a different scale, unless the designer scales them all to eachother before releasing them. As far as I know, nobody on these forums has set up a "Golden standard of 3d model/Pepakura file scaling". Any "Formula" that would work for one file probably won't work for another file...

got it, I just reprinted the helmet and if it comes out too small this time, I will surely get it just right the third time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back