Would they be against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester1014

Hey all!
J1014 again.

I'm kinda of curious on a Subject.

Has anyone possibly gone to a Firing range? (in armor for fun or not in armor)
I'm just a little curious about this. I used to go to my local range quite a bit, but I've found a new place to shoot and the owners have heard me talk about my halo armor and thought it would be a funny video to have me show up when it's Finished. I've got a nice little collection of arms of my own

It got me thinking, Would others do this too?
Or would other Be against me doing this?

This is Just an "IF" scenario.

I wouldn't do it here :/ since we have to prove that we are mentally stable enough to have a gun. Gunlaws are awefull her ein Belgium.
But if it doesn't harm over there wy not? I still wouldn't do it myself though.

Really, it all depends on what the owners and frequenters of the range think. If they're cool with it, by all means. I went to the local Fry's Electronics in my armor, and people were amused. I was just shopping for flashlights.

But, pro-tip, if your firearm has a stock, and more recoil than an AR-15, and your shoulder armor wraps around anything like an ODST's, don't fire it with that piece on. *ahem*

Actually I've got a Yugo SKS with a shock stock. With the Foam build I don't think I'll be having any Damage issues.
It's pretty beastly and looks alot like a sniper rifle with my 30mm scope attached.
Most of the ranges' frequenters are quite amused with the idea, and would love to see it, another even offered for me to shoot something that'll I just have to wait to release on vid for you guys to see.

But this will most likely happen in the spring-time here in Ohio.

Rundown: A few friends of mine were stationed in germany with the US Military. they told about a few the legal things that go on there, especially involving firearms. How strict are they on props? So you can own a firearm you just have to prove you're mentally stable enough? Ha! We need that here for transactions... Of course I did have to take a Psych evap when i took my Carry exam, that was fun..... not.

Thanks for noticing this though, I didn't know if it would get closed or not due to the subject...

dude, that would be awesome! I've personally never been to a firing range because I can just fire off my arsenal in my own backyard, but I have wanted to take a few pics doing some shooting in my armor! lol! Not sure people at the firing range would understand you wearing your suit, cause, you know the type that hang out there ;) haha! Old guys, former FBI guys, probably wouldnt even know what your armor was. Give it a shot tho :) talk to the owner and have at it is my opinion!!

Yes. wearing armor has nothing to do with your ability to follow safety protocols and range commands. it would make for a good photo opportunity.

Well I want to post their pics too, this isn't just for me, I'm curious as to who else would do this too.

I meant that I wanted members to post their photos too if possible for them. I think that'd be really cool.

Burns is right. The Helm would be my Eyes and Ears. and the prop armor would be for show.
Oh this'll be so much fun, OH JOY!

Rundown: A few friends of mine were stationed in germany with the US Military. they told about a few the legal things that go on there, especially involving firearms. How strict are they on props? So you can own a firearm you just have to prove you're mentally stable enough? Ha! We need that here for transactions... Of course I did have to take a Psych evap when i took my Carry exam, that was fun..... not.

If I may answer that... :)

You need to proof a whole lot of things, especially to carry a "real" firearm (not a gas pistol). There also is a difference between "owning" and "carrying". Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany
Especially the "neccessity" part is a huge problem for all the gun fanatics, because almost nobody here really needs a weapon: The police generally will need no more than a few minutes to reach you if you're in trouble and dangerous animals are pretty much nonexistent.

The police generally will need no more than a few minutes to reach you if you're in trouble and dangerous animals are pretty much nonexistent.

The animals in Australia are the most dangerous of almost anywhere when provoked... I think we need to review our gun laws :D

I would post a pic of me wearing armour at a rifle range... except I havn't finished my armour yet. And the rifle ranges here are expensive. and require photo ID :\

Love the idea though!

for things to shoot just. yall know out of anger with the ps3 because halo 3 isnt for it:) so shoot it up

If I owned a weapon, had a complete set of armor, and the owner of the firing range was cool and knew me pretty well, I would SOOOO totally do it! I would also be sure to get pictures and a possible video! haha

___________________________________________________________________________________
p588.gifUB9L.gifNA8v.gif2tSa.gifoCRg.gifWJ8t.gif

Attachments

• p588.gif
    p588.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 190
  • UB9L.gif
    UB9L.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 208
  • NA8v.gif
    NA8v.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 2tSa.gif
    2tSa.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 180
  • oCRg.gif
    oCRg.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 194
  • WJ8t.gif
    WJ8t.gif
    468 bytes · Views: 195
lol actually I have been in my storm trooper armor before.... my buddy runs a range

Well not see if he'll let you take a few funny pics of you in your trooper armor taking shots at a Han Solo poster or any Rebel for that manner?

Thats what I'm curious about. I want to see if some people may have some funny pics to post here. Like that.

Hey no Console hating on here thats just mean, lol. I'm using my ps3 post this at the moment.

I intend to do it eventually. I also know that there are a few videos on Youtube that have people wearing their armor to th erange.

I'd think you would be good as long as the range owners are cool with it. I don't know why they wouldn't, especially if they know you can properly handle the weapons.

So I took What I have of my suit to my range. I'm only armored from the feet to the knees. But everyone got a kick out of it. Once I have more of the Suit, pics will start to flow.

th_10242010012.jpg

This ME and and my Buddy Sean tryin out a Bolt Action Shotgun i refurbed. It's 20 guage. But something funny. Hope to have my armor completed, so I can post vids of me sjooting in it. Oh I'm the bigger guy.

Attachments

• th_10242010012.jpg
    th_10242010012.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 175
This is great! I'm a criminology major at college, and I wore my Mandalorian armor around campus randomly last year. Even went up to the Criminology Department and chatted with some of my profs. One of them even recognized what I was! LOL! Once I get my MC done, I'll probably do the same thing. :p By next year at this time, I should be finished with it, and I'll plan on getting some fun pics in it! Great idea! Thanks for starting this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back