Would you read this (Halo Fanfiction book)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we have about 43 pages writen now which is still like we said its in a rough draft forum. but lets just say so far the part we are working on will be hell for this team........ not to include that the book so far makes you feel like you are there with them or atleast thats how we feel.....

A little update I have 52 pages of rough writing down but still working on it. I can give you a sneak peek of a small part of the book but just remember its rough and i haven't gone and fully edited it yet

As the rest of the team was engaged in battle Sorina stood frozen. Memories of the last fight she had were flooded in her mind. Yates turns towards her and yells "Are you going to stand there or are you going to shoot something?" Raising her gun she aims at the grunt that is running towards Yates. When he turned around he saw that the grunt was shot in the head. "I shot something, happy now" she says sarcastically.

There will be more small parts from the book coming soon but keep the comments up. It really helps me stop procrastinating and keep working on the book.

ok well we have about another chapter or 2 done now if i can i will talk her into typing it on here but you all have to be nice and say something about it thats the only catch since she thinks noone like this s far........ make her change her mind.....

I like the little sneak peek you provided :)

Just be careful that you keep your writing all in the proper tense (choose either past or present), that way none of your readers get confused. Most writers choose past so that it feels like it only happened a moment ago. Present tense is usually reserved for choose your own adventure type stories.

Please try to convince her to let you release a chapter, I always love a good read!

well one way to help me talk her into it would be for people to post and like this if they really do lol dont do it just cuz. but let her know what u all think and she will release more.........

Just be careful that you keep your writing all in the proper tense (choose either past or present), that way none of your readers get confused. Most writers choose past so that it feels like it only happened a moment ago. Present tense is usually reserved for choose your own adventure type stories.

I agree with Tsau. I would suggest that you find someone that you trust and that is skilled in grammar to proof read your writings. Even the greatest writer in the world will create grammatical errors after writing for any period of time. When your brain becomes fatigued, it is almost impossible not to make grammatical errors. I say that not to be mean, but good grammar turns a good book into a great book. ;)

I'm good at grammar but the things i write are all really rough. Right now I am just writing the ideas in my book and then later on I go back and fix the mistakes that I made. But yeah when the chapter is posted it will be proof read it and edited a whole bunch. Especially since the majority of the ideas I have are from my hubby and in school he didn't do as good as I did in English and writing. Even though he lacks the grammar skills he's darn good at making armor!

well she is trying to figure out which chapter or whatever she goes through to let you all see........ so just keep eye out soon ether today or tomorrow it should be up..........

I think that people that write tend to be more creative in the real world. It shows that there able to think outside the box. Great start and I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Side note. My oldest daughter was a great writer in school, but didn't pursue it. I think she really regrets not following her dreams. Follow your heart.

thank you rick what u said made her day. um sorry we didnt post anything from the book this weekend we wanted to but just working on armor and stuff just took to much time. um but good news is that i am starting the concept art for the characters.....

I will try to have at least a good paragraph up on here sometime this week. As my hubby said we got busy working on his armor. Plus I am also starting to work on my props for my two costumes.

I did so much research to get dates accutrate, but I haven't been working on it lately since I'm focusing on finishing my Mass Effect 2 N7 armor. Also trying to work on a Mass Effect Cosplay while trying to work on a Halo Book is kinda difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back