Props Wow, New Weta Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
or more likely, the make a cast, changed teh details, and made a new cast.

Assassin716 said:
maybe, i guess we will never know...until they start selling stuff

I emailed them about a month ago requesting information on how they did stuff and if there was any possibility of a sell. The responded within the day (Not joking) and told me that all of the props are copyright to WETA.

I don't think any recasts or such will be available to the public.

However, I would bet that if we get to the same level as the 501st in scale of size and span, they might loan us some stuff for Dragoncon and such.

ZOMG!
Anyone notice a little blue symbol on the side of the stock?

hahhahhaha!

How sweet is THAT?!

Dude, I just had an idea. When the charter goes through, we sue 'em for rights to all items with our logo! JK :p! It'd be pretty freakin sweet though!
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
or more likely, the make a cast, changed teh details, and made a new cast.

Another possibility is that Bungie might have supplied both groups with the same references...
Also, when were the Jasman toys produced? They might not have been around when Weta built theirs...

Spartan137 said:
I emailed them about a month ago requesting information on how they did stuff and if there was any possibility of a sell. The responded within the day (Not joking) and told me that all of the props are copyright to WETA.

I don't think any recasts or such will be available to the public.

However, I would bet that if we get to the same level as the 501st in scale of size and span, they might loan us some stuff for Dragoncon and such.
A general rule is that they don't sell any props to the public, you've got to either work for them or know the right people to even have a shot :(

They are pretty good at responding to emails, within six hours usually :)

Belakor said:
A general rule is that they don't sell any props to the public, you've got to either work for them or know the right people to even have a shot :(

Right. That's why I think that we may be able to loan some if we get known better.

Man, that'd be cool. Drive in the DCon parade in a Warthog!

Belakor said:
They are pretty good at responding to emails, within six hours usually :)

That's a first for me! I've sent maybe 9 emails to BUNGiE and haven't even heard from the automated systems!

when you are a company like WETA, working for big-wig film companies, you learn to answer the calls with haste :p

these pictures are really good, i wish there were some really HD grade photos, that way i would have good reference for my ODST suit. Even a few weapons too.

Spartan137 said:
...That's a first for me! I've sent maybe 9 emails to BUNGiE and haven't even heard from the automated systems!

Weta probably doesn't get the ridiculous amount of "HAI, I R COOL CAN I HAZ REC0N NAO????" emails that Bungie does :p
... I wouldn't even know how to effectively get in touch with Bungie, most of the talk I've heard about messaging/emailing the workers personally usually results in an instant communication blockage :unsure:

rvb4life said:
... i wish there were some really HD grade photos, that way i would have good reference for my ODST suit. Even a few weapons too.
Yeah, I was hoping they'd have some armor next to the Warthog in April so I could get Hi-Res images for my ODST build but they didn't :(

Belakor said:
Weta probably doesn't get the ridiculous amount of "HAI, I R COOL CAN I HAZ REC0N NAO????" emails that Bungie does :p
... I wouldn't even know how to effectively get in touch with Bungie, most of the talk I've heard about messaging/emailing the workers personally usually results in an instant communication blockage :unsure:
Yeah, I was hoping they'd have some armor next to the Warthog in April so I could get Hi-Res images for my ODST build but they didn't :(
You got to see the warthog didnt you? Why didnt you ask to see the armor too!?
Im confused....

take that sniper rifle and BR, could u image being that marine stuck to the wall with the spiker between takes? lol just sittin hangen out puffin a smoke arm just hangen there :p XD be a great paintball oppertunity :D

Keegan said:
You got to see the warthog didnt you? Why didnt you ask to see the armor too!?
Im confused....

It's a lot harder to do than you'd think ;) The Warthog was on public display but the armor wasn't, it would have been back in the shop.
Generally seeing the armor, or anything else that's in the workshop, involves signing a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) so even if I had seen it (which I haven't) I wouldn't be able to talk about it.

Hopefully they'll have some of it in 'The Cave', then it should be way easier to get a look at it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back