Props Wow, New Weta Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't weta just make you proud of the 405th though? You look at it and realize there are skilled people here who have basically done simular stuff in their backyards as a hobby, these guys do it as a business and I wouldn't really say they have much on some of the more talented people around here, good job yall. I'd really like to see them build MC armor for a comparisson, guess that'll come someday.

Edit: I did kind of forget to mention they kind of have us owned in the warthog area... someone plz build a fully functioning scorpion and wraith before they do ^^

well i checked the search engine to see if i could find any of these pictures, and to no luck did i find any so i am posting them here, they are viewable at the weta website though, and they have alot more, including the Battle rifle, the carbine, the spiker, and much more

weta
here the link to their website and halo should be plastered right at the top, search in there and u should find
a gallery link

ODST.jpg

basesniper.jpg

fullsniper.jpg

marine.jpg

marine2.jpg
marine3.jpg

marine4.jpg

plasmapistol.jpg

rocketlauncher.jpg

wetahammer.jpg

Old news, sorry. Not publicized much, though.

Also, zomg, repostage of pics! They gaw'nah get'ch you!

well i looked for these specifically back like 4-5 pages in the search but oh well, its amazes me how i can miss these, but you know its okay at the same time because people who missed these before have a chance to see them now

Tater Mane said:
Never seen these, thanks for posting.

BTW, what is that blocky gun in the second picture?

That gun is the laser designator they used in the shorts to lock on to the Master Chief :)

Also, merged the two threads to keep everything together.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Battle Rifle and Sniper are like the icing on the the cake made of icing....
My own BR looks like a pile of broken MDF (which is partially true) compared to these, i would love to know how they made them!

Even though the pics of the Sniper Rifle are from H3, I think I can use those pics for reference during my Sniper Rifle H2 build...... boy I have a looooong freakin road ahead of me..

Belakor said:
That gun is the laser designator they used in the shorts to lock on to the Master Chief :)

Also, merged the two threads to keep everything together.
Thanks.

Did anyone else notice that this 'laser designator' was just the main body of the sniper rifle?

Talk about recycling.

Tater Mane said:
Thanks.

Did anyone else notice that this 'laser designator' was just the main body of the sniper rifle?

Talk about recycling.
Given the incredibly tight time frame they had to work within (six weeks) I'm sure recycling was unavoidable in some cases ;) ... it's pretty handy though, much easier to use a modified sniper body to build your own :D

Belakor said:
Given the incredibly tight time frame they had to work within (six weeks) I'm sure recycling was unavoidable in some cases ;) ... it's pretty handy though, much easier to use a modified sniper body to build your own :D
Eh, it makes sense, but it just seems like they would have made some more "drastic" changes.

the stock and the grip are the only two things that are recycled if u look closely, and it makes sense to use a good stock if proves its worth

Deadguy said:
ZOMG!
Anyone notice a little blue symbol on the side of the stock?

hahhahhaha!

How sweet is THAT?!
That is sooo cool! I'm glad you pointed it out, I would've missed it.

Edit: Oops, I'm a tard. They did the rocket launcher right.

Well ya you guys have seen all the shorts there was an hole artical about how there was going to be a night vision part but they never added it and the brutes were gonna look like that its just they didnt flow right so they decided not to...

i dont think its repainted, look closely for any ridges that the jasman toy has and they arent on the weta version, and if you notice the support beam in the middle with the cut edges that overlap the orange are not exact, i doubt its a repaint, probably used the pistol to help them build their own though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back