Wtf, Marvel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leda

I don't know how new or old this news is, but yesterday my friend told me that Edward Norton won't be playing Bruce Banner (The Hulk) in The Avengers movie. I kept hearing things about how Marvel is too cheap to hire him or that Marvel just doesn't like Ed... I'm not too sure on it but here's some info: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovi...-return-hulk-avengers-nortons-rep-responds?nc

It makes me so sad that Ed won't be playing in The Avengers. Ed is one of my favourite actors and he was nominated for all types of awards in pretty much every movie he has done so far and he's won a few awards too and he definitely deserves it. He's a great actor/producer/director and it just sucks we won't be seeing him alongside great actors like Robert Downey Jr. and Samuel L. Jackson in the movie.
Sigh. This will now be the 3rd time that the actor will be changed... Aaaaah.
Oh well, I'll still see The Avengers regardless, but I'll still be sad that Ed Norton won't be playing in it.

Just thought I'd share with you guys, for those who didn't know.

Marvel has already released a statement that it wasn't for financial reasons and that they just felt like going with a different actor. I too think this is a stupid decision since I thought Edward was perfect for the role. However, they did recast Rhodey for Iron Man 2 and I much preferred Don Cheadle to Terrence Howard so who knows, they may actually pick someone that really fits the part. Here's what Edward Norton himself had to say on the subject:
hulknorton.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back