Xalener's Mark V Helmet review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think these type of topics are allowed here. Try posting it in the thread for the model. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt these topics are allowed.

You could at least provide a link to where you got the file and some pictures of what exactly you are having problems with if you want to bash someone elses work. Just saying that it's complete garbage is hardly how a proper "review" should look. And that's assuming that "reviews" are welcome here in the first place, which I'm not so sure about, with the positive general attitude in mind.

i didn't say it was garbage. i was trying to be as constructive as possible. I was building this and my issues were what i put down.

First off, the pepakura files are free. If you have to pay for it, then you are entitled to provide your opinion. The author/creator did everyone a favor by releasing it to Halo fans. He/she is not asking for any feedback but just a pat on the back. A review such as this is definitely not welcomed.

First off, the pepakura files are free. If you have to pay for it, then you are entitled to provide your opinion. The author/creator did everyone a favor by releasing it to Halo fans. He/she is not asking for any feedback but just a pat on the back. A review such as this is definitely not welcomed.

It doesn't sound like he is cutting down the modeler/creator, sounds like he is talking more about the unfold, way I see it, he is asking if someone could provide a diffrent unfold. I guess we all have our own opinions and we either voice them or not. however I appreciate the modelers and unfolders and i know for a fact I cannot do either, and without them pep'd armor wounldn't exist. And for all the fine models and unfolds you guys who have the talent to create this stuff, I thank You

i didn't say it was garbage. i was trying to be as constructive as possible. I was building this and my issues were what i put down.

Well, it sounded a bit one-sided and unspecific. I mean, "it's bad" was basically the only message of your post and that's not constructive, no matter how true it may be. In my opinion, constructiveness would start when you post actual pictures of what is wrong, saying "this piece here is hard to glue on because its so slim, better attach it to a bigger piece", "you got overlapping parts there, need to split the piece up", "pulling those three pieces together into one big piece would have been better", and so on.

It doesn't sound like he is cutting down the modeler/creator, sounds like he is talking more about the unfold, way I see it, he is asking if someone could provide a diffrent unfold. I guess we all have our own opinions and we either voice them or not. however I appreciate the modelers and unfolders and i know for a fact I cannot do either, and without them pep'd armor wounldn't exist. And for all the fine models and unfolds you guys who have the talent to create this stuff, I thank You

True. But anytime you take someones work and criticize it is really not helpful since the creator is offering it for free. If you have Pepakura Designer, you can do the unfold yourself. If you don't like how it is unfold, then take the time to unfold it to your liking. I do second you on thanking the talented modeler/creator. Recently Nintendude decided to pull all his work off the net. He probably did not feel appreciated. Thread like this is very likely to cause ire and cause a lot more modelers to quit sharing their work.

True. But anytime you take someones work and criticize it is really not helpful since the creator is offering it for free. If you have Pepakura Designer, you can do the unfold yourself. If you don't like how it is unfold, then take the time to unfold it to your liking. I do second you on thanking the talented modeler/creator. Recently Nintendude decided to pull all his work off the net. He probably did not feel appreciated. Thread like this is very likely to cause ire and cause a lot more modelers to quit sharing their work.

I can't argue with you on this CoolC, you pretty much summed it up,and well said I have to agree there with you, Nintendude is a perfect example of what can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back