Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennz

Jr Member
I have a question because i want a 360.
Can you play Halo 3 on an arcade?
If yes, can you play online???

Is 256 MB enough for Halo 3?
And do you need to install it on your 360? (what is the advantage of installing?)

Please help :D

Hmm... I'm not completely sure what you mean by your first question, but what I think you are asking can be answered by saying that Halo 3 is only available as a game disk, not in an arcade format that you can download from XBox live.

You can play Halo 3 on XBox live, you just need a gold account to do it. Most new XBox 360s come with a trial membership to give you a little taste.

256MB is just barely going to be enough for your saved game files once you really start playing the game. If you start with that much memory, I would definitely suggest having plans to upgrade to a full hard-drive soon.

And Bungie actually recommends NOT installing Halo 3 to the hard-drive because it was specifically designed to run at maximum performance from the disk, however, several people have found that performance is better after installing the game to the hard-drive.

I hope that's helpful. If not, either reply or send me a PM and I'll try to help some more.

yes you can play on a arcade but you will not be able to save your game if you dont have a hard drive or a memorie card for it. You can also play online but you will have to buy a gold account for this and also join to xbox live.

Pat

Yes but in this one you will have a hard drive and the Halo game.
But it your call you will decide this. For me my xbox is dead I got the red ring but it was one of the first sold at the release of the xbox 360.

Pat

I have a question because i want a 360.
Can you play Halo 3 on an arcade?
If yes, can you play online???

Is 256 MB enough for Halo 3?
And do you need to install it on your 360? (what is the advantage of installing?)

Please help

To answer your questions, yes, yes, yes, and no! haha :) I have the arcade version of the 360, and I'm able to do everything a normal 360 can do, minus the extras that you have to have a hard drive for. I'm able to fully enjoy every part of the campaign mode, because the arcade 360 comes with a small 256 mb drive, that allows me to save my campaign games to it. It also has room for plenty of other stuff as well! I was able to save 4 forge customized maps on it with room to spare. ;) I'm personally not able to play online, but that's only because of my internet being too slow. If you have a dsl or faster connection, you will be able to play halo online all you want. Keep in mind though, like Malechei said, 256 mb is enough to do basic non online playing, but if you're gonna want to download maps from bungie, and other stuff from the store and file share, you're gonna have to have a bigger hard drive. I would reccomend going with a used one from either gamestop, or someplace else online. You might be able to find an old 20gb one from the older xbox models for a lot less than buying a brand new 40gb one. And for the last question, no, you do not have to install halo to the hard drive. What malechei said about it being optimized for off disc play was correct. It usually works better if you simply play it off the disc. Hope you decide to get one dude! It's totally worth it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can play Halo 3 on an arcade, as well as any other 360 game, but you can't connect to Xbox Live or play original Xbox games until you get a hard drive, or at least I couldn't. I got lucky, though, because my friend had an extra 20 GB and I got it off of him for only $10, so if you want a hard drive, it's gonna cost a little bit more. :)

Just something you should know, don't buy a 360 just for Halo 3. Be sure you really feel like you're going to get a use out of it. Some other games to look at would be Call of Duty 4 and World at War, Battlefield: Bad Company, Left 4 Dead, etc. Unless you're willing to get a hard drive, I don't suggest getting it. It's always a good thing to have all the extras, especially a hard drive, if you plan on using the 360 to the fullest.

Nugget said:
Just something you should know, don't buy a 360 just for Halo 3. Be sure you really feel like you're going to get a use out of it. Some other games to look at would be Call of Duty 4 and World at War, Battlefield: Bad Company, Left 4 Dead, etc. Unless you're willing to get a hard drive, I don't suggest getting it. It's always a good thing to have all the extras, especially a hard drive, if you plan on using the 360 to the fullest.
All three of those are excellent choices, xD.

I got my 360 about three months ago and only got Halo maybe three weeks or so ago. In my opinion, Halo 3 is great, but it's not enough to just go out and buy a 360 over. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back