Xbox 360 Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

grove justin

Jr Member
If I am not allowed to post this then I am sorry. But I am working on an xbox 360 case mod. It is slow coming but It is coming. I am kind of a n00b to case modding so I hope the side plate will still fit when I am finished. Here are some progress pictures...

So I started with the side that will be above the electronics.

DSCN0832.jpg

I drew out the shapes I wanted using sharpie then cut them out using the worlds smallest hack saw (5 Hours of work) due to the lack of a Dremel..

DSCN0833.jpg

DSCN0834.jpg

My Xbox ATM (Cant play games) sadface =(

DSCN0835.jpg

I am using glass from a picture frame (Might need to be cut but I am unsure of that...

DSCN0836.jpg

What it should vaguely look like when I am finished..(I have LED's I am gonna put inside it)

DSCN0837.jpg

My Friend has a machine shop class at the college I am talking to him about using their dremel to smooth the bumpy edges. As of now I am using my moms Pedi Paw for dogs. (SLOW GOING) it runs like 150 RPM so it doest grind plastic well..

I will post pictures as I go along. I am hoping to get it done soon so I can play games again...I AM GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWLS.

Its allowed it just has to be in the right spot to post it, such as General Discussion. Please Post some pictures that sounds pretty cool. Your moding the xbox's "coverings" right? (like the faceplate, backplate, etc.)

Remember, your allowed to post what you like (as long as it follows the rules), just put it in the right spot. On the main forum page the descriptions of each place you can post says what you should post in that spot.

okay. I modified my post with pictures..

@bilsy28

Yeah Just the case.

I am not good enough to modify the disk drive at all. Although I have seen the open cut ones. I wish I was that good.

very cool

Might I suggest you sand the parts you cut out to make it look smoother? that shouldn't take much time or effort, just don't sand TOO much

-kung foo oyster

Harding29 said:
looking good so far i have a broken xbox so i might make one for show

Thats a good idea. and If you get a new one you can always take the cover off the show one and put it on the new one.

I am scared to work with my LED's They are the kind in a tube and it is my last tube the other 2 broke. the first one only light up half the LED's and the second one didnt work period. If this last tube doesnt work IDK what I will do.

Thankfully my friend makes custom light sabers and I think he might have some LED's I can use..

@Underdogg

Oh my GAWSH it was horrible. lol my wrists still hurt like hell (/not emo) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
XBOX 360 R.I.P. but its gona look dam good im sure ...lol cant wait to see the finished box as a suggestion add some cooling fans???

ODST #4793 said:
XBOX 360 R.I.P. but its gona look dam good im sure ...lol cant wait to see the finished box as a suggestion add some cooling fans???

Yeah, lol, I will probably have to. Although I have no idea how (Imma electronics n00b)

Sorry for the bump but I am kinda sadfaced..I broke my last strand of LED's. So When I post the finished pictures later tonight they will be LEDless. I will still try to talk to my friend about hooking me up with some but for now it wont have any LED's in it..

On a side note..Does anyone know of any good colors that would go with gold?

Well, I think (again, THINK) that there are gold-ish colored LEDs, so you you could make the case MC green with gold LEDs, or with a gold case, green LEDs. my personal opinion though.

As for the picture frame glass, as long as the internal parts are cooled well, it shouldn't be a problem.

XxK1LLR0YxX said:
On a side note..Does anyone know of any good colors that would go with gold?

Gold is kind of like black. Just about any color can go with it really. Though I would stray away from colors closer to its hue such as yellow and orange.

Personally, I'd go with Azzarth's idea. MC green and gold. Or Army green and gold. Call it what you will. Can't go wrong with that.

Those edges need cleaning BIG TIME!

And did you paint it with a brush? I can see the brush strokes...

All in all though the design is pretty sweet.

THAT WAS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I'm not bashing, but I know people will take it the wrong way, It's okay to speak your mind. That's what a forums for...

Yeah I cant get access to a dremel so until Christmas comes around the edges are going to stay ugly... =(

and I am REALLY dissapointed the glass I chose was too thick and snapped in half while screwing it back in. I will have to find new glass that is a bit thinner.. I will post pics here in a bit

And @smilie

Yeah I used a brush before because I didnt have the spray paint..

Edit: FEAR THE SADFACE...

DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

SUPERSADFACETACULAR:

DSCN0839.jpg

loks cool :)

i think my mod could give inspiration so i post a video of it

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEzDY4Q_M94[/media]

Sorry for the bump but woohoo, I just got informed that my friend will be able to use the Dremel at the College to clean up the edges for me...AND he offered to get me a Green Lexon LED to light the thing up. Will post pictures as it gets cleaned up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back