Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Ok, now, im amaized that im asking this, but the people of the 405'th are the only people I can trust.

I have recieved word that my grandfather who to me is the bringer of video games and such is getting me and my famaily a 360 for christmas. I know that christmas is to materialistic, but when the 360 was brought up, I had to say yes. The only problem is that he got us the cheepest 360, the core (its just the arcade with a controler and such). As far as I know, you can not play normal X-Box games on it. Also, you only have 250 some MB of space. I have many X-Box games, but I will not be abled to play them anymore because my X-Box is dead.

My first question is, whats the space on the arcade? Is it abled to hold Halo 3, GOW, GOW 2, Rambow 6 Vagas, about 3 other games?

My second question is can you make it compatible with normal X-box games?

Finaly, my third question, how do you make it have more memory space? Do you have to buy a new memory card for you're controler or 360 or something?

I know these questions and answers have been posted before, but I need the answers ASAP!!!

CHEERS!

PS- Mods, when I have the answers I need, please feel free to close this thread.

Ok. For memory , they sell the GB separate for the people that have the Arcade version. The Memory that it comes with is a little peg like thing that you can plug into the front of the xbox 360.

At Bestbuy they sell Starter Kits. They contain 60 or 120 GB of memory , a 3 month xbox live card, and a Headset, so you can talk too people over xbox live.

Heres some links

60 Gb starter kit Click here

120 GB starter kit Click here

if you have Wifi , you can get a Wifi Adaptor so you can play without cords.
Wifi Adaptor

If you have anyother need to know info, just comment :D

Ok, thanks for the fast replies.

And yet another question.

First, can someone look on the back of there Rock Band 2 case and tell me how much memory space it needs. Also, can you guys do this for Halo 3, GOW, GOW 2, and NHL 08 and/or 09. Thanks again!

EDIT: Ok I belive I have found the answer to the problem. I have found a 60GB memory card that comes with a 3 month x-box live subscription. I was wondering if this is compatible with normal X-Box games.

Heres the link- link!

Thanks again!

CHEERS!

I can't say about the others, but Halo 3 says "Optimized for Harddrive". Not really sure what that means...

Anyhu, if you plug in a hard drive it will work just like any other 360. I recently bought an Arcade '360, due to my Elite dieing, and it works just like before. I've went through 3 360's and still have the same 20GB HDD since launch.

You will need a HDD for XBL gold, I believe. The memory card is kinda handy sometimes, but I really don't use it all that often, because the hard drives are pretty small and portable.

Edit: I forgot I have Gears 1. lol It says it need 1MB to save.

I would also like to know if it is possible to make the 360 core compatible with xbox games. I bought a core (and hard drive kit) at the release date, and its lasted me since then. But my original xbox just died while I was playing Halo 2, and I want to play all 3 halo games again ;)

BTW, I bought halo 1 and 2 for PC after my original xbox died, but I have some other original games that I would like to play again.

Go here.
But if you don't want to, here it is.

3. What do I need to make the 360 play compatible Xbox 1 games?
First and foremost, you'll need the hard disc drive accessory plugged into your Xbox 360 to play old Xbox games. If you've bought the 360 Core System - which doesn't come bundled with the 20GB hard drive - then you're out of luck (unless you buy the drive as an extra, of course).

You'll also need to download and install an update to your 360. This can be done either by updating through Xbox Live, burning the required file onto a CD or ordering the update disc from Microsoft direct.

4. I'm on Xbox Live. Where do I find the update?
To get the update, all you need is to have your 360 connected online and logged into Live. Insert an original Xbox game into the 360's disc drive, close it, and the update should begin automatically. Being on Xbox Live is the most hassle-free way to make sure you can play Xbox 1 games, as the system should automatically update each time support for new games come out.

5. I'm not online with Live. How do I get the update?
You have two options - either order an update disc from Xbox.com (which will be sent by mail and incur a small fee) or, if you have access to an Internet connection and a CD burner, you can download the update yourself.

To download the update yourself, visit this Xbox support page. The download itself is roughly 2.5MB. Simply unzip the downloaded file, burn it onto a blank CD or DVD (it must be the only file on the disc), and insert it into your 360. The process should begin automatically.

OK the 60Gb kit you found at best buy is perfect

game memory requirements ;)

RockBand 2: 15mb
halo 3: "optimized for hard drive" could mean that it needs one

ChaoBreeder said:
Go here.
But if you don't want to, here it is.

3. What do I need to make the 360 play compatible Xbox 1 games?
First and foremost, you'll need the hard disc drive accessory plugged into your Xbox 360 to play old Xbox games. If you've bought the 360 Core System - which doesn't come bundled with the 20GB hard drive - then you're out of luck (unless you buy the drive as an extra, of course).

You'll also need to download and install an update to your 360. This can be done either by updating through Xbox Live, burning the required file onto a CD or ordering the update disc from Microsoft direct.

4. I'm on Xbox Live. Where do I find the update?
To get the update, all you need is to have your 360 connected online and logged into Live. Insert an original Xbox game into the 360's disc drive, close it, and the update should begin automatically. Being on Xbox Live is the most hassle-free way to make sure you can play Xbox 1 games, as the system should automatically update each time support for new games come out.

5. I'm not online with Live. How do I get the update?
You have two options - either order an update disc from Xbox.com (which will be sent by mail and incur a small fee) or, if you have access to an Internet connection and a CD burner, you can download the update yourself.

To download the update yourself, visit this Xbox support page. The download itself is roughly 2.5MB. Simply unzip the downloaded file, burn it onto a blank CD or DVD (it must be the only file on the disc), and insert it into your 360. The process should begin automatically.
Great! Thanks! I've had a 60 gig hard drive all this time and never knew about the update, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry how much space game saves take up on a hard drive. 20GB is plenty for that purpose. I wouldn't recommend anything with less space, but it is handy to put your profile on a MU(Memory Unit) so if you go over to a friend's house you have your profile and don't have to create one on their system. Xbox Live Profiles Silver or Gold will not allow you to change your GT once you sign up unless you pay the fee to do so. Pick your GT carefully unless you've got cash to burn.

If you would eventually like to burn your games to the hard drive which the new NXE system allows you to do, I would recommend at least the 60GB hard drive, but the 120GB is best. It mostly saves wear and tear on your disc drive, but can also decrease loading times in certain games significantly. Though you still need the disc in the drive while playing the game, it's just there to let the system know you have the game. Saves on some heat build up too. Something I've come to do regularly is I rent a game and I install it to the hard drive. After I'm done playing it and ready to send it back, I delete the installation. This doesn't affect your saves or achievements. Probably not an excellent thing to do for the hard drive so I probably wouldn't recommend it, but I also don't know how the 360 manages hard drive maintenance after installation and deletion.

Chao covered everything else for you.

Perfact!

Thanks everyone! This has helped me a lot. My mom was starting to go crazy because my brothers would endlessly be going "Why can't we play our old X-Box games!?!??" Thanks to you all for helping me and my famaly with this.

CHEERS!

burn the updated games update on a blank disc from the xbox website.

Start up the console and put in the disc and it will update the software.

With this I am still able to play an old game like Conquer: Live and Reloaded on my 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back