Xbox Live Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so in my house I have a modem and a wireless router. I am trying to connect my xbox via ethernet to ANOTHER router, which then will hopefully wirelessly connect to my main router. This used to work, before my parents changed some settings with the modem/router. Then I just bought a wireless adapter for the xbox and it was fine. Now I don't have that adapter, so I'm attempting to go back to my old setup. It doesn't seem to want to work though.

If anyone can help me or walk me through this, that would be so awesome. I miss xbox live already...

Make sure your modem setting allow you to wireless connect to another modem.
If this doesn't work, you may have to connect an Ethernet cable directly to the main router.

You may have to go in and change some default gateways on your xbox, and the router it's connected to possibly. I used to do a semi-similar setup except mine I used my laptop as my "router" to the modem.

WitnessOfTruth said:
You may have to go in and change some default gateways on your xbox, and the router it's connected to possibly. I used to do a semi-similar setup except mine I used my laptop as my "router" to the modem.

Is it possible to connect my xbox to my PC via ethernet and get internet that way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back