Xerox Scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravnari86

I don't have the designer program, so it rules out just about any option I've found for scaling the helmet up. I'm trying to get the hd MK VI helmet to fit over a medium size motorcycle helmet that measures 10" temple to temple, and about 11 and a half front to back. That's the widest points I want. I'll be removing the fiberglass covering to replace it with the MK VI shell over the foam, and I'm able to cut in a total of 1" into the foam inside. I'm horrible with math, but I think my best bet is going to be taking the MK VI HD printout from the pep index and sizing it by percentage on a xerox photocopy machine. (I have one at my disposal, so I won't be paying per copy or anything.)

I don't know the actual measurements of the original HD pep file, so if anyone has any measurement info for the original pep file it would be a great help. Or simply a percentage increase that would get me the sizes I need. Past that I'm good as gold on the fiberglass work, but this pep stuff is all new to me.

I wouldn't bother asking if I hadn't tried using the search function for over an hour with no helpful results, but hey who nkows. I may have just missed it. :)

Why don't you have designer? You don't need to buy it to use the scaling; you just won't be able to save your scaled armor. If you have a Mac, you can try dual booting into windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back