Xtreme Tactics 101 - Ultimate Tutorial Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Hey everybody,

Over the past few weeks, I have been posting a weekly tutorial on the 405th main page. In this thread, I hope to keep the links to all of my weekly tutorials, and other tutorials/FAQ's. I plan to update this thread weekly as my tutorials progress.

(Click on tutorial name for redirection to tutorial)

--------------------------------------------------

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 1: How to Cast-Tutorial

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 2: How to Wet Sand- Tutorial

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 3: How to use EVA Foam for Costuming- Tutorial

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 4: How to Sew by Hand- Tutorial

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 5: How to Change the Colour of Cut and Fold Lines- Tutorial

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 6: How to Smooth a Pepakura File- Tutorial

Tips and Tricks with TACTICS-Week 7: How to use a Spray Can-Tutorial

-------------------------

Forum Tutorials

How to Scale Your Armour- Tutorial

How to Make a Weapon Prop-Tutorial

How to Export From Google Sketchup to Pepakura Designer-Tutorial

FAQ's

Armour Scaling- FAQ

Printable Tutorials

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 1: How to Cast-Tutorial

NOTE: all questions you have regarding these tutorials/FAQ's in any way may be directed to me. My contact information is as follows:

405th PM system- Xtreme TACTICS 101

E-mail- XtremeTACTICS@hotmail.com

I hope these tutorials are very helpful to you in your quest to make the perfect costume.

Good luck,

Xtreme TACTICS - OUT.

Really Good, Dude

This is like your own stickies thread :lol

I hope N00BS read this, even though I'm a veteran, I still read some of the stickies to refresh my mind :)

And I hope you keep adding Tuts to this thread :)

how to scale armour tut really is going to help me with my build im book marking this thanks can i pm you if i have questions? aloha

Alex spartan177 said:
Really Good, Dude

This is like your own stickies thread :lol

I hope N00BS read this, even though I'm a veteran, I still read some of the stickies to refresh my mind :)

And I hope you keep adding Tuts to this thread :)

Love the stickies remark, lol.

I plan to keep adding a weekly tutorial. I have another 12 weeks of tutorials planed (and brainstorming another 12 weeks), so I hope to get at least 6 months worth of tutorials published on the 405th main page. Nearly 1 month down, 5 months to go, lol.

tumbucu said:
how to scale armour tut really is going to help me with my build im book marking this thanks can i pm you if i have questions? aloha

Thanks for the comment.

And like it says in my tutorial and in this thread, you can contact me with any questions you have.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Tips and Tricks With TACTICS-Week 4 is published on the main page. See first post for a link!

EDIT 2:

Tips and Tricks with TACTICS-Week 5 is published on the main page. See the first post for a link.

Week 5 is the satart of a series of tips, tricks and tutorials on the pre-printing and peping stage. It will be a series of weeks worth of tutorials explaining everything you need to know about Pepakura Designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme, are you gonna finish the EVA Foam? Just curious.

Nevermind, just read your last post. :p

Great job so far with the tutorials btw! :D I actually used method 2 in the scaling tutorial to help scale my Reach chest/backpack.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I did in the "How to Sew by Hand-Tutorial" article.

Is there any way to paint the EVA foam? Just curious... (I DID try the search bar)

---Stonewall

Stonewall said:
Is there any way to paint the EVA foam? Just curious... (I DID try the search bar)

---Stonewall

If you use laytex paint, you can paint it. It will remain somewhat flexable, but at a certian bend in the foam, the paint will rip or crack.

EDIT:

Week 6 tutorial is on the main page! Check the top post for a link!

Xtreme Tactics, these tutorials are great! Because I know that many of these (especially the casting tutorial) will help me later on, I created a more clearly-formatted PDF file of that particular tutorial (while giving all the credit to you)

Here is the download link to the PDF file. I hope you decide to add this link to you main post. It may help those who need a clean printout to read during their first time(s) casting:

http://www.4shared.com/file/218647291/1e19e4ba/Armor_Casting_Tutorial_XtremeT.html

Thanks for all the great tips!

Shade

Nightshade said:
Xtreme Tactics, these tutorials are great! Because I know that many of these (especially the casting tutorial) will help me later on, I created a more clearly-formatted PDF file of that particular tutorial (while giving all the credit to you)

Here is the download link to the PDF file. I hope you decide to add this link to you main post. It may help those who need a clean printout to read during their first time(s) casting:

http://www.4shared.com/file/218647291/1e19e4ba/Armor_Casting_Tutorial_XtremeT.html

Thanks for all the great tips!

Shade

I just put it in the first post.

Thanks for the comment and encouragement.

I also updated the first post with Tips and Tricks with TACTICS Week 7. Check it out!

Great! Now that thesis is over (actually due tomorrow) and college apps and stuff is over, I'll have a lot more time to work on armor and stuff, so I can format more printer-friendly tutorials for you if you'd like! Just wanna help.

Shade

That would be great!

I also wrote yet another tutorial for here on the 405th forums. If you want to know how to export a Google Sketch-Up file into Pepakura Designer, look there!

P.S.- Ten written tutorials! WOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back