Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Hey everybody!

I know I haven't posted much progress on any of my projects lately due to studing for my final exams and such. Now during this weekend I have found time to get to work on my WETA Battle Rifle. The bad news is, my WETA Battle Rifle was "KIA" due to my brother kicking a soccer ball at me while I was resining it. The resin fell over on it and sorta ruined the Battle Rifle. Mad at my brother, I stomped off and what do you know, The Battle Rifle somehow fell on the freshly cut grass, and was filled with grass clippings. Angry, I grabed the Battle Rifle and threw it away knowing it was nearly impossible to save now.

Right away, after calming down, I set to work on my new and improved WETA Battle Rifle. Its far more accurate then its former brother, and its far more Bondo friendly aswell.

After the "problem", I managed to cut/rip some parts off the old WETA Battle Rifle, such as the magazine, carring handle, and wooden dowels that made up the barrel.

Here is a "side by side" of my old WETA Battle Rifle and the Real WETA Battle Rifle (Sadly I have no aftermath pictures of my old WETA Battle Rifle...). See how inaccurate it was? :

DSCN1428.jpg

DSCN1401.jpg

As you can notice, it was not too Bondo friendly, and wasn't that great.

Now, heres my NEW WETA Battle Rifle!:

DSCN1428.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1445.jpg

DSCN1438.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

DSCN1433.jpg

DSCN1439.jpg

A copper pipe, a spring and a metal knitting needle were used for the charging handle:

DSCN1430.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

I made many improvements since the last one. This one is more Bondo friendly, more accurate, and has a metal charging handle inctead of my old cardboard charging handle. It will also have a mag that can be loaded with 3 "blank" shells (Yea, the ones used in movies) and the 3 tipped flash hider will be full metal aswell. I also will have a small LED where the ammo counter is so a nice "36" will be where it should be to make it even more realistic.

Here are some pictures of the LED/battery setup I will be using (Its VERY small):

DSCN1440.jpg

DSCN1441.jpg

DSCN1442.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

I told you it was small :lol !

Now, I still have to add/replace a few parts to make it even more Bondo friendly, so expect an update soon. After its fully made from cardboard/metal/wood, it may be a while for me to update again due to Brithday being next weekend (turning 15 FTW!) and my exams the week after.

In total, I probably scratch built 65% of the rifle to match with the WETA version.

If you would like to knoe how I got to this poins, check our my tutorial: "How To Make A Battle Rifle Tutorial" Thread.

Well, me what you think, and constructive criticism please!

CHEERS!

DSCN1428.jpg

Well thats goon news :D .

I need everybody here to be VERY picky about the accuracy. I really want this to be right on the money, so don't be afraid if you think you will sound like a jurk. Truth is i really would love to hear your "negitive" feedback (AKA harsh constructive criticism).

Thanks.

all that i see is that the charging handle needs to be shorter with a half ball on the end and the barrel ports in the front need to be bigger, other than that looks awsome nice work with the cardboard

Yea, im still working on finding an ball piece for the charging handle, and im going to trim the charging handle soon.

What do you meen by the "barrel ports"? Do you meen the 10 oval shaped holes on the top of the gun but under the carring handle (the vent piece)?

well for starters your Color is way off... you paint job isnt even close to the weta colors... and you can still the cardboard ends... you got alot of work before you are weta accurate

ahh i kid i kid... it is looking good man. the only things i can see are the vent holes need to be a little bigger. Also the clip looks small, but then again im not sure how big its suppose to be.

great work, i look forward to seeing more progress

you might want to reinforce where the bolt is; carbourd isnt very good for duability every thing else is good

Magazine is WAY off. Why did you angle it? The BR Magazine is supposed to go 90 degrees up, not angled like the Assault rifles magazine.

Under the cardboard all the way around in the mag well is metal. I used a pop can and cut it so it fits in there and re-inforces the cardboard.

Also, nobody knows what the mag should look like. There are no in-game pictures, or anything by WETA. If you look at it logically, the mag is right on. Do you have proof of it being straight up? are there any pictures OTHER THAN Wizardofflight's weapon blueprints, and a few sliced weapon files?

A slanted mag can fit more ammo then a straight up mag. If its a double stack mag, then you have to fit 16 rounds is about 17-18cm of space. I know its a 9.5mm automatic, but the 9.5mm is only the head of the round, not the whole cartridge. The mag is roughly 19cm long and 2.5cm wide, so it is roughly the right size. As long as it fits inside the mag well and it stays in the gun, its good enough.

Anyhow, here is the new venting system holes:

DSCN1445.jpg

Are they better? Does anything else need improvement other than the charging handle and the ball at the end?

Tell me what you think.

CHEERS!

Nope, I used Wizardofflight's blueprints and modded them to match the WETA Battle Rifle as closely as possible. No pep files used whatsoever!

Yea, I know, but do you think (using the picture provided in the first post) that its realistic. Since we have no clue how the mag REALLY looks, do you think its practical?

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Nope, I used Wizardofflight's blueprints and modded them to match the WETA Battle Rifle as closely as possible. No pep files used whatsoever!

That makes this br way better than i thougt it was then.

Last edited by a moderator:
it needs to be vertical so that the rounds can feed just look at any existant bullpup design gun the mag is awlays vertical, but hey thats just my two cents

As you can see in WoF's blueprint of the BR, the magazine has a flat bottom that goes parallell with the weapon:
Halo%20BR55%20draft.gif

Now with the AR blueprint, the magazine DOESN'T have a flat bottom that's parallell with the gun. And the AR magazine is angled to go straight up into the weapon, whereas the BR magazine doesn't need sloping to fit the weapon.
You can even see the green dotted lines that outline the AR magazine. If you were to angle the BR magazine the same way, it would go into the weapon in an angle, instead of straight up.
Assult%20Rifle.gif

Thanks to WoF for the blueprints!

Actually, how I desinged the magazine, it looks like this when its "in the magazine well":

DSCN1452.jpg

Here I have modded Wizardofflights blueprints to resemble the rough layout of my magazine in the magazine well:

halo3sniper7.jpg

Also, like my other post said, prove me wrong. But don't use Wizardofflights blueprints or any pep files to proove yourself. Nobody knows what the Battle Rifle mag would look like. Logically, both ways would work, but my way can carry more ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back