Xtremenoob's Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your nice comment
I'll finish molding the gauntlet then I'll start my halo 4 build, I'll post some pics soon

Time to bring this thread back to life

Hey guys my halo 4 build was a success and now it's time to finish this suit that has been on hold for a while. So here is where I'm at the back of the chest is almost ready for molding just need to smoothon out a few spots. I will mold it on the weekend
a671efbc97d5b5b64ecfcdde52bdee7d.jpg
27f5e148ce12be4f17ae4dc79ddd27fc.jpg

If you have any tips for me that would be great!!

Man. How I've missed this build over the time I've surfed through the forums I'll never know. I was frowning when I got to the part about how your stuff was destroyed from your move. However, from the ashes, a new a better looking set of armor has definitely emerged. From beginning to end you can see a dramatic difference in your skills and abilities. The second helmet is a 100 times better and more detailed. Your casts came out AWESOME!!!!!!! Love it!!!! Love the time and energy that you're putting into the small details. I wish you luck with your molding and casting. I was thinking about doing the same once I'm to that point in the event that I wanted to make different variants of the armor. I'll definitely keep an eye on this one now to see how you tackle different molds.

Keep up the great work.

Man. How I've missed this build over the time I've surfed through the forums I'll never know. I was frowning when I got to the part about how your stuff was destroyed from your move. However, from the ashes, a new a better looking set of armor has definitely emerged. From beginning to end you can see a dramatic difference in your skills and abilities. The second helmet is a 100 times better and more detailed. Your casts came out AWESOME!!!!!!! Love it!!!! Love the time and energy that you're putting into the small details. I wish you luck with your molding and casting. I was thinking about doing the same once I'm to that point in the event that I wanted to make different variants of the armor. I'll definitely keep an eye on this one now to see how you tackle different molds.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks, I really appreciate the time you have given to reading my thread other then just looking at the progress pics

I will have it molded and castes in a few hours I'm applying the jacket mold in 1 hr after the final silicone layer has fully cured
I'll be back

Its good to see you working on this suit again :) and the molding process looks great so far.

Its good to see you working on this suit again :) and the molding process looks great so far.

Thanks, all is going well except im running out of silicone so I might not have enough to mold the rest of the suit ;(

I'm almost finished putting the jacket mold on the silicone. Today it was raining all day then some hail, so the fibre glass took forever to cure but here is what I'm doing.

Here you can see I'm doing the jacket now it is going to be made up of 4 different sides and use 12 bolts evenly spaced.
3a82b337d631b4ce52d1c724e47b842f.jpg

I'll cast it tomorrow, and I'll post pics straight after

302c74a3db883442eb513fb47d41d58f.jpg
b6250ae5bb564bb3d64de3258226decf.jpg
4148ebf08429e6b1f7f08e1889777eb5.jpg

First cast

f0452b8248ab8400070f59e4797684a5.jpg

Now I'm going to build up the cast with clay then stuff it back into the mold and put a coat of silicone and another fibre glass jacket.
Once I have done all that I should have to first proper casting

Thats righteous! where ya gonna hang it? lol

lol my room has windows or tall furniture so I don't have a spot for it right now except the roof but it's not a good spot to put it. I'll wait till I get new furniture until then it's under the bed. It's a commercial poster that is in almost perfect condition. Believe this but I picked it up for $20 + $5 postage, bargain it's 1.75m tall and 1.2 m wide

Hey guys this thread is about to come to life again, funding for this project is a pain but I will resurrect this build soon I'm currently molding the front chest peice finally. So stay tuned for a lot of updates in the next few days.

Hey guys finally got around to start molding the front chest. I'm using recycled silicone from an old mold i cut it into pieces. It's good for filling or thickening the new mold, updates will follow so here is a quick pic
492bd6296e10d69a5a54dcb4617661d9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back