Xxcalibersxx Jun Sniper Armor Wip (Page 5 Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CALIBERS Jun Armor (Updates Page 11)

Okay guys, (my first WIP, *giggles like a 3 year old*)

Now, i am going to take a swing at the Reach sniper helm....

SniperMarkVHighDetail.png

And i am going to alter the Mark V to take on the appearences of the Reach Sniper helm... Now i beat your thinking 'Pfft, no photo's who is this upstart?'

But WAIT! Pep stages of the helm are done... Perfect scale, fits like it was made for me (which it was... Hmmmm) anyway, the pep was a bit sporadic, i kind of rushed through it, but it came out right... Just as a warning to anyone doing the high detail Mark V there are no peices that are on the same page, i had to have pep open in front of me to figure out which peice went to which...

Now i have pepped before, but from here i am walking a new road, i figure i'll resin twice, then Mud glass it, but i want some in put as to if that will work...

Anyway here are some pre-mature pics.... Enjoy..

Me Wearing Side view...

100_6493.jpg

Me wearing, Front View...

100_6492.jpg

Next 3 are back, Side and front...

100_6487.jpg

100_6486.jpg

100_6485.jpg

And this is the Koala's that we are looking after (they're orphaned) wrestling on the couch, which they do rather a lot now... We got 4 at the moment... :D .

100_6482.jpg

It is a bit warped here and there but Bondo should fix it... or whatever the Aussie alternative is... Hmmm...

I am sorry but updates may be far between or packed like sardines, depends on my mood i guess, but i will keep a constant eye on the thread, some things i guess i'll find out as i go.. :) .

Anyway, Cheers, Dave...

P.S Input would be appreciated and is always welcome, just so long as it is is constructive... :D

Edit: Just noticed the '2003/1/12 Whatever it is, i think my camera had a little hissy fit, it is most definately not 2003 i was in Grade 3 then, by crickey.

That pep looks very good. I'd say it's warped a bit around the back, but not really anything to worry about.

Off topic however,

HOW THE -BLAM!- DID YOU GET KOALAS?

@bobbio555

Yeah, its a tad lopsided but hey, such is life... Ma's a wildlife Carer (Greeny) so yeah when they are injured or orphaned we (and a few others in the area) look after em... :D.

@Cayoke

Thanks man... I think looking after a dingo would require a large enclosed area and a lot of land, plus we don't have them down here... :D, we've had Kangaroos, An albatross, Lots of Koalas, Lizard, bit of this bit of that you know... :D.

Cheers Ya'll, I need me some sleep. :).

nice pep! im wanting to do the sniper guy too but i think im gonna wait for someone to model for pep since theres no way i could make it from scratch :(

@Cayoke

Lol, dingoes are freakin awesome...

@Frozen sniper

Thanks, and i don't think it would be TO hard to try and do it from the Mark V they are really similar....

Anyway, today i am hopefully gonna go into town and get some woven fibre glass matt, and whatever passes as bondo over here, and some primer paint......

Question? With Rondo, do you mix the hardener into the resin and bondo Before you combine the two or After? Sorry, i know it is out the somewhere but the search tool isn't that good...

Anyway, cheers Ya'll Dave out...

Edit: And should i resin before rondoing? :D. Sorry guys but i thought i better get advice before screwing something up... :).

Okay, sorry for double post, BUT...

I've searched the forum for ages, but can't seem to find the thread i was looking for... Anybody remember the person that was doing the HD files? And used Rondo and Woven Fibreglass matt on the inside instead of fibreglassing outright? he managed to get the glassing and rondoing done in llike a day and had a suit done in a week or something... I should have found it... But the search option is useless, 18 pages of every thread that Rondo and fibreglassing is mentioned in, maybe 4 with it in the name! What the balls?

Sorry about that, if anyone has the link to it... It would be great. Thanks Ya'll, i don't wanna go in blind...

Cheers, Dave.

I'm not a big fan of Mark V, but the helmet is looking very nice so far! :)

The Koalas are nice too. :lol

Thanks Lela, :D.

Dnt worry about my Previous post, i just went and tested it in a small qauntity. 30ml of resin and 30 ml of builders bog... AND IT WORKS GREAT.... I think i'll be going out tomorrow and doing my helm, lol, WOOT....

Cheers, Dave.

Sexy Lol Well soon to be. Kind of funny. Its going to be a sort of de-evolution of the Mark V. Can't wait to see more.

Lol, Thanks Kirrou I'm looking forward to it to... :D.

Got fibreglass clothe, just need the respirator so i don't die. :).

Cheers Dave.. Updates hopefully tomorrow... :).

The rondo tutorial you are looking for is actually in the video section. Its not too hard to find, only a page or two. Its the process I use. You mix the bondo and resin together before adding the liquid hardener. And as to whether to resin first, my suggestion would be to resin the outside first, with at least two coats, the first one really thin, and then to rondo the inside without resining the inside. You can check my reach WIP for some more ideas and pics of how it goes. Good luck. Oh, and I would definitely try to scratch build as much from cardstock and cradboard vs bondo. Just use bondo to alter subtle curves, fill holes gaps etc. To try and build up the brim of the MKV to the sniper would be a dandy of a job, would tak a ton of bondo, and WAY too much time. A good base pep will save you countless hours in the long run.

Damnit, Stupid videos are like damn ninjas or something... Thanks, it will take a while, i got a feeling there will be a lot of sanding and sanding and more sanding with a little sanding on the side... Oh well, it will look good when its done, hopefully...

Do you think i should cut off the tips of the Mark V Visor overhang thing before or after rondoing?

I think after would probably be better, But hey, whatever...

Cheers, Dave.

Okay dudes, and dudets...

I did half the helmet today with rondo, (the trickier part) and tomorrow will fibreglass the rest of it...

The rondoing didn't go so well however. :(. I probably should have, no definately, should have resined the helm a couple of times first but i didn't, whats done is done i guess... So now its warped a fair bit on top, and i'll have to pay for my mistake with a lot of sanding blood and probably Builders Bog and expanding foam *sigh* Ah well... I learnt that lesson rather well...

Okay I'll do more work on it tomorrow and get some pictures up... if it doesn't look TO horrible... So cyas then...

Cheers, Dave...

Bummer about the rondo, mate.... Did you apply it too thick? I originally thought about modifying the mark5 helm in blender, but sadly my skills are still lacking :lol Nice to see that somebody else is also going for the sniper (other than the "reaper" (grenadier), I think he looks the most Bad@$$)) Good luck to you though! How about some more pics of the koalas with your helm? ;) (BTW: Be careful with expanding foam, don't know what you have down under, but great stuff (USA) expands by a factor of at least 2. So, cheer up, and keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Edit: Isn't it spelled "dudes and dudettes?" ;) jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back