Xxcalibersxx Jun Sniper Armor Wip (Page 5 Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a perfect size, my head fits in perfectly, but yeah the outside makes it look huge, i got to figure that out! this weekend me think...i'll oput a pic up of my hand next to it..

and computer geek, i'm gettin there man... with the top of the helm i mean...

Cheers, Dave...

TIME FOR AN UPDATE....

So...

I'm sorry i didn't prime it, but that stuff is expensive... Okay, so i have.... Smoothed the top peice, bondoed the back, bondoed the top peice, added more detail on the front, and started drawing in the fine detailed stufff.... So we're getting there... Also, for whoever asked how big it is, that is my hand right next to it... i am assuming that is about normal size?

P.S i know the top is still slightly lopsided, i am planning on starting the fine detailing tomorrow or the next day, if i get time... so expect another update.

Okay here are the pictures!

100_6523.jpg

100_6522.jpg

100_6520.jpg

100_6519.jpg

100_6518.jpg

Tell me what ya's think....

Cheers, Dave..

Wow nice turn around from the foam lol. this is coming along nice. I also make parts and bondo them on, I think it easier sometimes to do it this way.

Man, this keeps on looking better and better! I ran into the same problem with the released pics of Jun's helm, that you did. The drawings looked a lot thinner and more like the mark vi than the trailer. Consequently, I ended up with a bit of a mixed up piece. lol. BTW: I'll repost the sniper rifle in .obj and .stl. Woot for snipers!

Cheers!

@sidewayz

Yah man, the foam looked horrible and then BAM bondoed... and the horibbleness was gone! Thanks BTW...

@sniperbass

Thanks dude.... she's getting there... AND Thanks a million for the repost, i'll Download em when i get back from work tonight...

Sorry guys was out all day today doin surf life saving patrol so... yeah... Anyway, i'll be back later tonight....

Cheers, Dave...

XxCALIBERxX said:
@sidewayz

Yah man, the foam looked horrible and then BAM bondoed... and the horibbleness was gone! Thanks BTW...

@sniperbass

Thanks dude.... she's getting there... AND Thanks a million for the repost, i'll Download em when i get back from work tonight...

Sorry guys was out all day today doin surf life saving patrol so... yeah... Anyway, i'll be back later tonight....

Cheers, Dave...

No problem! Just so you know, I noticed that one face is missing (between the scope mount and the cheekweld and beneath the scope) It doesn't seem like it would be a problem if you've already started pepping it, but if you havent yet, then here's the obj file

http://www.4shared.com/file/221290648/30a376a1/SniperRifle9blend.html

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, i dnt think i will pep it... i was thinkin i might end yp trying to make a blue print of it in ACAD... If thats okay with you man... But first i got to figure out how to do that.! :D...

Its a great model BTW...

Cheers, Dave... i will have some updates in the next few days, did tonnes of work today an dare up to fine detailing, she's looking pretty nice right now..

Hey guys! Can you guess what time it is?

UPDATE TIME!

Okay so i have started detailing and will start putting some screws in as detail and a few polished nuts and bolts... Have a look... Tell me what ya think... Mold it?

So i cut the little nut thingoe in the side out... already have the nut for it so gonn put that in when i clean it up...

100_6524.jpg

Still needs some detailing... but its getting there.

100_6525.jpg

100_6527.jpg

100_6528.jpg

almost forgot to mention i am Making up an exhaust fan... (its a clothes basket with vinyl hot glued to it with a fan bolted on top) i got hold of some air ducting and soon it will be on a bungi cord and attached to the roof... (The air ducting pipe will go through the wall... where the sqaure bits of wood are set up .. and it will hang over the table... Will get rid of all the dam dust! Lol...

100_6534.jpg

Cheers Guys, Dave out...

Thanks Man...

I am nearly finished... i got to get some real fine sand paper, sand it down, finish some detailing and add on some bits and peices...

Thanks god someone posted i was feeling like an idiot with that triple post over 2 days...

Oh well....

Thanks for the support lads...

Dave out...

Thanks Sniperbass I'll start on the chest when i nail the helmet (hypothetically)... i got the ducting for the fan so next time you see it, it will be operational! Lol

Anwyway updates soonish...

Dave out.

XxCALIBERxX said:
I also (thanks to Portalman a fellow aussie) have managed to locate a mold making supplier! Yay, no international frieght! Anyway just the heads up i will probably be molding so there may be a few nooby questions comin through...

Cheers, Dave...

did you happen to look at "AMC" molding supplies , very good prices!

I just checked em out then...!

Thanks man for the pointer, i was gonna use Dalchem, causei am pretty sure they are closer to where i am.

To everyone else there will be an update very soon... Putting screws and stuff on it.!

Cheers, Dave.

Hey Guys!

Guess What time it is....

UPDATE TIME...

Now, i don't know how to have the vid come up in the post so, if someone could tell me that'd be awesome. But in the meantime heres the linnk to the youtube vid, hope you like, and tell me what ya's think!

*Excuse the mumbling*

Cheers, Dave.

mmmmmm, the visor has been a pain in the kneck for a while, its been sanded to much on one side. But i'll fix it. Did you notice anything else? I need a new pair of eyes! HAHA!

Thanks for the response.

Cheers, Dave.

XxCALIBERxX said:
mmmmmm, the visor has been a pain in the kneck for a while, its been sanded to much on one side. But i'll fix it. Did you notice anything else? I need a new pair of eyes! HAHA!

Thanks for the response.

Cheers, Dave.

Well like I said, the details need to the same on each side(Or atleast close) IE, the the sun visor(The Two pointy thing's) the inset detail's aren't the same. :)

But it is a very good Semi-Scratch build you got here.

Lol, I went out today and symetricalized the 'sunvisor bits' and filled the inset's with bondo. (on closer inspection of the trailer helmet, there is no inset, just two indents.) After that i made the top front bits a bit more symetrical. :D. and the visor is on its way to looking better. Anything else you noticed that could look better? I like the critisicm, and other comments too.

Thanks, Vid will be up tomorrow or the day after, i think maybe the weekend, when i will fully prime it and start painting, (if no more issues with symmetry come up) :D!

BTW : How do you get your video to play in the post, like Ithica's do? :D. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Dave, AWAY, to homework, *sigh*.

Not gonna be able to start crit-ing untill I see the update ;)

To embed the video, In the post toolbar you see the stack of picture's when you mouse over it, it say's insert media. Put the youtube video URL in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back