Xxcalibersxx Jun Sniper Armor Wip (Page 5 Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir! I beleive i will be. Looks simple. I think the hardest part of this build will likely be the under armor. :(.

I'll update you guys sooner or later, i have decided to go with the two part mould idea. You guys might see it soon...

:D.

Cheers, Dave.

Okay ya'll!

Forearm moulded and ready to rock, watch the vid for my updates and an insight to moulding..... Video talks about everything...

so.... watcha's think?

Cheers, Dave..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Would people rather have pictures than videos? This is my 5th post in a row without any comments, i'm getting worried.

Cheers, Dave.

I haven't been on 405th for a bit, Nice progress I suggest using rondo to cast with. I haven't cast anything big with it but it might work better than the fiberglass. Ofcourse Smooth-on would be even better :p

Screw it, i can do both. Youtubians wanna see it done, And if squishy wants pics, who can say no?

I did some more clay work on the bicep yesterday and i cut some detail into the chest, its basicly done, and so are the shin and thigh peices. Also i am experimenting with rondo and fibreglass casts of that silly mould. :D. I'll do more on the helmet before another vid/pics update.

Cheers, and thanks man.

Sorry, I was away for a while. Also i am sorry for not chucking pictures up for the armour. Bear with me i don't have much free time.

Heres a quick one.

Thanks and tell me wat you think!

XxCALIBERxX Jun's Sniper Armor. W.I.P. (updates Page 11)

Okay guys, Update time. Video and pictures this time.

Okay so.

First up we have the two castings (in fibreglass) of the bicep peices, pretty much raw casts and need to be patched up here and there. (front, then back)

100_7900.jpg

And here is the front section of the chest primed. And the stomach plate is there in the foreground. It needs a little work here and there, but other then that its all good.

100_7902.jpg

Next up is the thigh peices. from all angles. (these are pretty much done and i doubt i will do much more than refine edges. (i'll just post one, they're identical.)

100_7891.jpg

100_7892.jpg

Next up is the two castings of the forearms, these are also very close to done, the just need for be refined and patched a little.

100_7898.jpg

100_7899.jpg

100_7897.jpg

Next up is the calf muscle which will soon be moulded and castings made. (sorry bout not having it primed)

100_7904.jpg

100_7905.jpg

And here's the COD peice, still tonnes to do on this, but its getting there.

100_7909.jpg

100_7911.jpg

And last but not least, the back of the chest piece, i'm still not happy with this yet, but its getting there.

100_7907.jpg

And here is the video that explains everything a little more.

I just wanted to note that i found some interesting stuff called Knead It, which is basicaly body filler that can be kneaded and pushed around into position. Cool stuff, and helpful. Smells like **** though and is expensive.

Anyway, tell me what you think ask any questions. ETC. AND CRITIQUE ME. I need more eyes. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Sorry for double post, the edit function isn;t working. I just wanted to ask how to edit the title of the thread. :D.

Cheers, Dave.
Good question, wish I knew the answer. Aside from that looking great, as you said some things need a little clean up but, yeah, looking great.

I forgot to say you were doing a great job and to ask if you could make updates more often? But, my edit button doesn't work, SURPRISE! ...Sarcasm doesn't work so well on the internet, does it?

haha! nah it don't work. Sorry about the updates being all over the place, but i've been real busy lately, working, school, life in general, it all gets in the way. But i got holidays coming up soon and there will be lotsof updates during that time. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Wow. Since school's been going I haven't had much time to get on... but you sure have! AMAZING progress with the armor! I'm thinking the undersuit will be the hardest part too, and how everything will be put together. BTW, how's your helmet? Haven't seen it in a few months. Are you going to work with it again when you finish the rest of the armor? I'm excited to see how you do the paint job and the visor!

But anyways, amazing work. Keep it up, you're an inspiration.

Thanks man! Means a lot. The helmet is in the video, but i didn't take any photo's. Sadly the mould tore, so i need to repair it. But other than that its coming along well. I think i'll work on it as i work on the rest of the armour and get it all done at once.

Cheers, Dave.

Okay... The video will explain almost everything.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/6xtvrY1Hwqc[/video]

If your just flipping through and having a look...

This is a mould for some peices for the lower spine.

100_7972.jpg

Here is the mould for the leg peice.

100_7971.jpg

The mother mould for the above.

100_7967.jpg

Sanding down the bicep peice.

100_7966.jpg

The two castings from the mould two photo's up, needed some work...

100_7965.jpg

Comment, tell me what you think. Thanks guys.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers, Dave.

(how do we embed videos now? it really doesn't want to work. If I can't figure it out, be sure to check the video, its well worth it.)

Looks like it's coming along nicely!
A few things to look out for: I believe the chestpiece is missing a few details, like a collar and the details on the part where it starts to go from the front to under your arms, as well as straightening out any lines that aren't totally straight. I'm sure you will or were already planning to catch that later though :p
You've really come far these last three months, and I applaud you for that! Amazing work; can't wait to see more progress, and eventually the full suit. Your craftsmanship is notable.

One more thing: at the very bottom of the page there are posting permissions; I don't know what it says for you, but for me it says that HTML code is off; that might be why you can't post videos into the thread at the moment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back