Y'all are going to be seeing a lot less of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioactiveMicrobe

I've come to realization in terms of the 405th.

My 3rd anniversary of registering on this site is approaching. In the total time since then, I've accomplished absolutely nothing. I've managed half a suit pepped, and that's about it. In reality, I've pepped a metric ton of things. I have all the Perms of Halo 3 pepped, 4 weapons, a few WWII weapons, and a fully detailed Starcraft gun, (the one that the Aliens guy made.) And that's about as far as it goes.

Last night I realized. Who am I kidding? I'll never get a suit done. I'm a 16 year-old boy who has no job, and no money to my name. My family has never had much in the way of money, so it's not like I would. Sure, I might get some half-way decent thing whiped together after another few years, but it'll never live up to the quality that I imagine. Cosplay is expensive, any part of it is. Why I thought I could actually participate in it, I don't know. I've thrown in the towel, given up. By the time I could ever get a suit done, Halo will be long gone in terms of popularity. People won't know who I am anymore. Or the ames will be cranked out so much by the new guys, that Halo isn't even Special anymore. By that time, what's the point?

Sorry to the old-timers here, I know we are getting fewer and further in between, but It's not like I'm a contributing member much anyways.

Adios.

Sad to see people who have been here so long just... stop! Sad to see you go Radioactive!

Although I am Fuzzy Bear put it kind of bluntly, he has a very valid point. Don’t give up. Far too many members give up in their early days here due to them realizing how much money this costs, they lose motivation, they think they need to use toxic chemicals, or they just don’t want to read through the mountain of information we call the 405th forums.

You are unlike them. You managed to stay here nearly three years, and now you are calling it quits because you think you will never accomplish anything? You think that you have thrown the past three years of your life away? I think that is incorrect. You are here, and you have continued to be here because you know you have the talent to make these amazing props and costumes. Even if you say you “can not do it“, there is still that small cell within your body still saying “I can do it! I will do it!”. That cell will multiply, painlessly killing all of those negativity cells, eventually creating a completely positive cellular structure within your body, urging you to go on and complete that task you have tried and tried so hard to complete.

I believe the past three years of your life have not been waited. They have been spent wisely. You have compiled an awesome arsenal of knowledge to start, progress, and complete a suit of armour. If you quit now, then the past three years of your life have been squandered pointlessly. If you quit now, all you have strived to do will have been for nothing.

Tomas Edison tried and failed nearly 10,000 times to create a functional incandescent light bulb. When he was asked about his failed attempts, he said “I have not failed. I‘ve just found 10,000 ways that won‘t work.”

This costume is your light bulb. Just because you have tried and “failed” so many times does not mean you should call it quits. You should learn from your experiences and mistakes, and keep your chin up. The end result is always worth the work. Every mistake made, every failed outcome will only make your eventual triumph much more sweeter.

Think positive, and stay frosty,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

Sad to see you go Radioactive!

Nuh uh Rhinoc! We don't just throw in the towel on our veteran members. Radioactive Microbe, your presence on the forums is far more important than how much armor you've completed. Sometimes I feel unwanted too, like no one cares about my membership here, but you shouldn't! You know how many people know your name after three years? I'd need 117 dozen hands to count them. Not to mention, you should be proud to have pepped so many pieces! It shows your dedication to the site, and your will to not back down even when you don't have all teh monies.

Sure, I might get some half-way decent thing whiped together after another few years, but it'll never live up to the quality that I imagine.

I'm in the same boat dude. In fact, I'm so lame that my first suit was 85% made by other people. I may have had the money to buy it, but even then I wasn't able to finish it up to the perfect standard that I had hoped for. I felt terrible, but I quickly realized that there's other ways to give back to the site than just posting WIP topics for people to oohh and ahh over. If your skillset lies in kicka$$ woodwork and props, go for it. If it lies in pepakura and sculpting, more power to ya. But that's not the only reason to be a member of the 405th. Seeing you go microbe would be a sad day in my book. Just sayin. ;)

xtreme tactics you are always there when a member is in need of a pick me up! How do you do it?!

Radioactive forget what I said in my last comment, listen to Jake!!

Edit: HeavyGunner you are totally right, again disregard my last comment!

Chin up! or I will go Sergeant Johnson all over yo @$$... ok maybe not, stay strong radioactive, hope to see you on the other side!

don't leave!
if you've been able to stay for 3 years and learn, that doesn't mean you haven't accomplished anything.
When I started out, I never even planned on making anything, I've always just wanted to expand my knowledge on ideas and hobbies, once I got alittle bit of money saved up I started building.
you don't need to build props to be on on this website.

You can always save up some little cash here and there, make a nice helmet, be proud of it and maybe mold/cast it for money :3
that's what alot of people do.
remember to always look at the bright side :)

@ Radioactive: Even though my words are not as eloquent as Xtreme, the words that he says is a testimony to what I believe we are all saying.

If you wish to leave the forums, so be it, its your decision.

But, I don't think you should. I barely finished a half-crap suit last year, and that's all I've gotten to my name. But that is the point of being on the 405th. It is a progress of learning not only the true measure of what you can build, but the true measure of your charecter.

And I believe I am not the only one who can say that we have all grown as induviduals because of this great community.

We have learned about Hard Work to achieve something that you want. We have learned about respect towards others and learning how to help out each other. We have learned about being good stewards of our money and other property.

From one veteran to another: Please don't give up. And if you decide to leave, you will be missed.

"Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth." - Proverbs 10:4

Don't leave!!!!! I would like to point out that you said it your self your only 16 dude do you think your going to be broke forever. Hell no..... when I was your age I'd roll pennies just to get gas money to go cursing. Your life is just starting, and your going to learn new things and gain new skills both in the real world and from here. There is always some thing to learn. Halo may die out(god forbid) but there will always be some thing new to work on, and there will always be people here to help, and that need YOUR help. NEVER underestimate your skills, you can achieve anything as long as you are willing to put in the time and effort. My favorite quote is by Yoda " Do or do not, there is no try" believe in yourself half as much as we do and you can achieve anything. And if you ever need to talk, that's what we are all here for. That what being a community is all about.

Hey man dont give up, I only success at making a suit last years and im her since 2007. I never got any help from anyone, my family never supported me in that. I barely manage to put some money in my suit. But I never give up and I think that is what making me special I never give up. You only need some determination. So keep the head high soldier and get back in line to give me a hell of a suit.

O by the way where are you located.

Pat

dude don't give up yes it is hard to make this stuff (and expensive) but seriously it is fun and a learning experience like the others said and if you endure to the end the reward will be so immense you'll be surprised. i know how you fell I to am 16 with no job no money but I just keep trying and I am almost done with two suites
I have had to re-start about ten times but I am still going. I do have a tip for you from a story a mentor told me " lay out what you have and look at it then close your eyes and then sleep when you wake up look at what you have done and think to your self 'I came this far I half to keep going'" and just keep repeating the presses I guarantee you it will work
however it is your decision to leave or not but I think before you decide you should way the Pros and Cons of each decision then fallow your heart and I hope you make the right choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back