Yes, Another Iron Man..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Sniffles1

Jr Member
Been hard at work on the Iron Man helmet. I started with Dung Beetles Iron Man helmet (thanks Dung Beetle). I slush casted using Smooth Cast 300. Now working with body filler to give it the smoothness. Just thought I'd post up some progress pics. I've body filled a lot, and with a lot of sanding, I'm where I'm at now. I also sprayed with some primer to show imperfections. Still needs a lot of work though. Thanks for looking! Will update as I progress.

photo-2-1.jpg

DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. I'm also currently in the process of pepping the rest of the armor as well. So many little paper pieces lol. I'll get more photo's up later.

@SteveJ - I don't plan on making any molds as of yet. Just want to get it done first lol

Got an update for you guys! Got the face plate fairly smooth, but not as great as I would like it to be. I had a little time to get some things done while the forums were down though. Here are some pics to show.

DSCF3238.jpg

DSCF3241.jpg

old school dude said:
was this an easy prep? Like lots of little pieces?

It was a moderate to easy pep. A lot of little pieces. Kind of time consuming. Here's a couple of pictures to show the amount of pep I still have to do. lol

DSCF3242.jpg

DSCF3243.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finished with this helmet, as far as body work and paint. I'm consider lights, but I'll be re-making another one. This one became a little warped in the back, and I didn't want to go through the effort of fixing it. I did what I could. Let me know what you think. I'm still working on the rest of the armor. I'll post updates periodically.

DSCF3247.jpg

DSCF3246.jpg

DSCF3248.jpg

DSCF3251.jpg

*edit (dang it, sorry for double post. could have sworn somebody else responded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back