Yes i might become a pro gamer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i might become a pro gamer, I hope i can become one i would love that man making money for doing something i love i would love that. any thoughts i would love to hear you opinions, My dad said i could become one it would be awesome.
 

drgon47

Well-Known Member
Youve got to practice. ALOT. Okay, so if your not at school, your practicing. Everyday. Weekends included. All the time. No time for personal stuff hardly, so keep that in mind.
 
drgon47 said:
Youve got to practice. ALOT. Okay, so if your not at school, your practicing. Everyday. Weekends included. All the time. No time for personal stuff hardly, so keep that in mind.




Lol just to say


Quote from my self lol "what life i have no life"



But i can do that i have no life i can practice alot (even on weekends)



O and by the way i think you have to get Sponsorships to sponsor you
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doom

Well-Known Member
You know when you google Pro Gamer Defenition on Google it comes up with the definiton "One that has no life."

Professional gaming has got to be one of the "jobs" that I think is the worst you can get. Why? What do you do for a living sir? I play games... professionaly...

uh wtf?

You will spend your life sitting infront of a tv or computer screen for many years trying to become the best when you most likely never will...

That will result in wasted years of your life and much regret... If you wan't to do something that looks over the "gaming" sort of job, I would suggest looking into joing a game company. Become a Game Dev. Thats what I am looking into atleast.

Eventually.

Uh, Good Luck if you do try to become a Pro Gamer, but its not my fault if you land yourself in your parents house when you are older because you aren't making any money...

-Doom
 
I will be looking for some team mates any one interested



Please if you are interested, Please fill this out and email me at marioknight92@yahoo.com "I want to join your team." in the title


1. Name:
2. Age.(must be 15-30):
3. location(Michigan, Unless you fill like to travel to me so we can meet.):
4. Phone #:
5. Games you play(please give me a list.):
6. What consoles you got.:
7. If you can get the team some Sponsorships please list the names and phone #'s here:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ironcobra3000

Well-Known Member
Doom said:
You know when you google Pro Gamer Defenition on Google it comes up with the definiton "One that has no life."

Professional gaming has got to be one of the "jobs" that I think is the worst you can get. Why? What do you do for a living sir? I play games... professionaly...

uh wtf?

You will spend your life sitting infront of a tv or computer screen for many years trying to become the best when you most likely never will...

That will result in wasted years of your life and much regret... If you wan't to do something that looks over the "gaming" sort of job, I would suggest looking into joing a game company. Become a Game Dev. Thats what I am looking into atleast.

Eventually.

Uh, Good Luck if you do try to become a Pro Gamer, but its not my fault if you land yourself in your parents house when you are older because you aren't making any money...

-Doom
greatness... Has never been this great
besides, game Devs make thousands more then a pro gamer will ever make.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

W1D0MAK3R

Member
Dont forget that if you dont get a sponsor, which are pretty hard to get being that some people dont see the point in video games, your gonna need alot of money, I have some friends that are friggin awesome at vid games and would probally could beat some of the current pro gamers out their, they just dont come from that type of background filled with dollar signs...
Good luck though, hope you make it...
 

Sarge Christi

Well-Known Member
I'd want to actually make money with my job. Pro gaming is not enough for you to have a good living, if you like hanging with friends or enjoy spending money, I don't think gaming is the thing for you.
There's only a handful of pro gamers who get big bucks, and they have to beat gamers from all over the world to do it.
I love gaming, but it's just not a good profession. That's why I'm going into design.
 

Sarge Christi

Well-Known Member
Sean Bradley said:
Yeah, and I might become president of the world.

Someday... thats what I'm gonna do when I grow up.

Haha, good luck. :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

tehronin

Well-Known Member
lol have you even played against pro's? i did in custom games (h3beta) out of 10 people i got 3rd place in f.f.a and our team won against a semi-pro team... so you cant just say, uh i think i'm going to be a pro, you have to be good and practice alot
 
tehronin said:
lol have you even played against pro's? i did in custom games (h3beta) out of 10 people i got 3rd place in f.f.a and our team won against a semi-pro team... so you cant just say, uh i think i'm going to be a pro, you have to be good and practice alot




Read up a little


I said i an do every thing it take to be good


Geez when i said you opinions I meant positive not negative lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BenStreeper

Well-Known Member
I would start by finding a game-center near you (so you don't have to buy all the games). Igames is a good place to look for one [we are a member there (Game-Cove)]. Then joining MLG (Major League Gaming) After a while of winning mlg tournaments you can make a name for youself in the gaming world. The game center you found might even sponsor you if you are good enough (we sponsor 3 teams right now for MLG). The payouts start small (around the $800) but as you progress can grow to thousands a game not just a tournament. You will also get many people to approach you for events and game testing jobs (the later kinda sux as game testing is not near as fun as one might think) which will both make you extra money on the side. As you continue to grow in the gaming world (assuming you are good at games) companies will want you to endorse their prodect (Example: madcatz controller etc.) All good ways to earn extra money just from playing games.

Good luck man it's not easy..... but it's fun and you get to travel alot.

p.s.
you also end up getting alot of free stuff
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top