Yes i might become a pro gamer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenStreeper said:
I would start by finding a game-center near you (so you don't have to buy all the games). Igames is a good place to look for one [we are a member there (Game-Cove)]. Then joining MLG (Major League Gaming) After a while of winning mlg tournaments you can make a name for youself in the gaming world. The game center you found might even sponsor you if you are good enough (we sponsor 3 teams right now for MLG). The payouts start small (around the $800) but as you progress can grow to thousands a game not just a tournament. You will also get many people to approach you for events and game testing jobs (the later kinda sux as game testing is not near as fun as one might think) which will both make you extra money on the side. As you continue to grow in the gaming world (assuming you are good at games) companies will want you to endorse their prodect (Example: madcatz controller etc.) All good ways to earn extra money just from playing games.

Good luck man it's not easy..... but it's fun and you get to travel alot.

p.s.
you also end up getting alot of free stuff

See not that is what i'm talking about this for the support

Last edited by a moderator:
marioknight92 said:
Read up a little
I said i an do every thing it take to be good
Geez when i said you opinions I meant positive not negative lol
well I'm giving you critisism because i want you to understand that its not just about practice either, you have to also be really good at the game, also you have to practice, im guessing you need a 3.5 k/d(minimum to even be good) ratio +

Sean -aka- the bald girl------would make an awsome president!

but ya gaming is a HOBBY not a PROFESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAWD!!!!!

marioknight92 said:
Dose any one know how old you have to be to con peat in games???

I don't think there is an age limit per-say. I remember reading an article (in EGM i think) about a 10 year old kid who had won enough money to pay for college and then some playing in halo 2 tornys. I also have a couple of friends who are sponsored for halo 2 and DoA. I live in the central valley CA and we have a lot of major tournaments with in an hours drive here (not to far from silicon valley). It's actually not that hard to get sponsored, you just have to be really good at the game ur playing lol. How ever you don't have to live in CA to compete, one of my buddies actually got sponsored for Gears through gamebattles. You can actually make fairly decent money being a "pro gamer". My DoA friend was recently signed by MLG, and she is set to be making $40,000 for 2 years pluse what ever she wins in tournys. Some of the top Halo/ Counter Strike teams, do actually make a lot of money. It's just a very hard thing to get into, because there are a lot of really good gamers out there. Some times LOTS and lots of practice.... just isnt enough.... >_<

smilie120 said:
Sean -aka- the bald girl------would make an awsome president!

Keep digging, you're almost deep enough for your grave.

Have I showed you this hammer I have? It makes a funny sound when I hit things with it..
It goes: "BAN!, BAN!, BAN!"

Kneel, fool!
DSC00773Vsmall.jpg

Everybody on topic. NOW!

Sean Bradley said:
You look funny banned.

:p
Oo burned (offtopic)
(ontopic) well gl on the pro gamer stuff, ill have to play my team against your team 4v4

Alright, I find that Smilie did make a good statemeant in this topic...

Gaming is a Hobby, Not a Profession.

If you want to become a "Pro Gamer" then go waste your life doing that.

We don't care.

Locked for stupidity and being off topic.

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back