Yes Or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom keeps on telling me im not allowed to make halo master chief helmets and sell them because it is copyright infringement. is this true? i dont think it is. She thinks she knows everything but i know a lot more than her. please help me get her to realize the truth.

Well technically she is right. The reason alot of people on here do it is to make just enough money to keep on with the hobby. Thats part of the reason we dont get shut down. If someone were to make an "unlimited" supply then they probably be getting a letter from Microsoft and Bungie to see them in court.

selling an item under a copyright for individual profit is against the law.....now if you say hey i made this helmet and sell on ebay describing that it is a non collectible item and that it is NOT licensed under Bungie and its affiliates...you'll be fine

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Well technically she is right. The reason alot of people on here do it is to make just enough money to keep on with the hobby. Thats part of the reason we dont get shut down. If someone were to make an "unlimited" supply then they probably be getting a letter from Microsoft and Bungie to see them in court.

Exactly. Don't mass produce. An 'On Occasion' eBay sale is usually okay with the higher-ups.

This is also why we don't put the price of an item on the actual page in the Classifieds.

Sorry, dude, but your mom is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what kind of company Bungie is. Lucas Arts ‘allows’ the 501st to sell helmets to members but not mass produce them out to the general public. It’s easy to become a member of the 501st and buy a helmet and you can even trade one for free if you’re not a member. DC, however targets Batman sculptors on ebay from time to time and will force them to pull the auction if they say they are selling a custom made “Batman” cowl. It’s not so much the image but the name that is copyrighted. I am not sure what Bungie is like but if you’re not mass producing helmets you shouldn’t have too much to worry about. However, technically speaking your mom is right if you’re making Bungie Halo Master Chief helmets and selling them without permission.

Bamabat

If there is anything I have learned in life is...LISTEN to you parents. They know 99.9% more than you. By listening to them you stay out of trouble....

808armor said:
If there is anything I have learned in life is...LISTEN to you parents. They know 99.9% more than you. By listening to them you stay out of trouble....

Yes, you're still in the egg, while they're already flying.

Spartan 051 said:
i say hell with it. Just make armor for your self and keep sweet talking your parents in trying to sell it

i guess your right.
if my friends want it ill give it to them. since they're really good friends. i mean ill make armor forthem or teach them.

rofl my dad is the complete opposite... he thinks i should make them and sell them... i told him it was copywrite... i might make some h2 odst's and sell them to friends though...

Dont just make stuff to sell. Poor old adam (not that your that old adam :p) pays for the site and never gets a cut of the profit people make from selling items on this site when they do.

405th is a site that teaches and guides you to make armor, it's not ebay or craigs list. It's ok to sell stuff here and there, but usually, people get a new suit, sell the old one, or sell a run of helmet cast they made.

AoBfrost said:
Dont just make stuff to sell. Poor old adam (not that your that old adam :p) pays for the site and never gets a cut of the profit people make from selling items on this site when they do.

405th is a site that teaches and guides you to make armor, it's not ebay or craigs list. It's ok to sell stuff here and there, but usually, people get a new suit, sell the old one, or sell a run of helmet cast they made.
yup, adam gets nothing, he deserves a cookie and a glass of milk

Listen to your mother, trust me, the parents are usually right...... but not always

Your mom wins this arguement though :D

I have no Idea, Bungie never sued anybody over making armor and selling it, but after they allowed Rubies Armor to make their cruddy armor (or maybe not...), it may cause things to be a little tough. But I Think Bungie is ashamed in what Crap Rubies made, so it might be Okay. But to be on the safe side, start selling your helmets here in the Classifieds, then see how it eventually goes. Selling it here on the 405th wouldn't be a Problem.

Confucious T said:
More like RECON armor!

Already have it.

I get donations every now and then, so I'm good.

Fenix Chief said:
I have no Idea, Bungie never sued anybody over making armor and selling it, but after they allowed Rubies Armor to make their cruddy armor (or maybe not...), it may cause things to be a little tough. But I Think Bungie is ashamed in what Crap Rubies made, so it might be Okay. But to be on the safe side, start selling your helmets here in the Classifieds, then see how it eventually goes. Selling it here on the 405th wouldn't be a Problem.

i bought the rubies helmet at FYE. waste of 40 dollars

HELL JUMPER said:
selling an item under a copyright for individual profit is against the law.....now if you say hey i made this helmet and sell on ebay describing that it is a non collectible item and that it is NOT licensed under Bungie and its affiliates...you'll be fine
He is right. If it's not a collectible, made by you, and is Not at All licensed by Bungie or Microsoft, it is legal to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back