Yet Another DOOM Slayer Praetor Suit (2016) Build

whatever6

Unfortunately I am a perfectionist, that's why I redid the left shoulder again. The problem was that I used the EVA foam template for the attachment part. The template is just badly designed and not meant to hold very well. So ripped it all off and printed an extra piece for it.
1638053711392.png
IMG_20211113_110104024_VS.jpg

The piece is from the original game model, but it is not designed to fit to the parts that I already printed. So it was a huge mess, to glue it together. I'm honestly still not happy, it does not look that much better than before, because now it stands out too much and the extra weight is dragging it down causing a weird angle:

IMG_20211113_175845342.jpg

I added a red LED for the chest plate. It is really just one led which I wired directly to a 2032 battery. I used this thing as on/off switch.
IMG_20211127_172544793.jpg

That's it for the moment. Not that much progress, because I am really busy atm, but I wanted to share it anyways :).

MrBlueDot

Weight of 3D printed parts has been on my mind lately, so I've been looking into light-weight PLA/ASA filaments. They're foaming filaments, and I've never tried printing with something like that before, but super heavy pieces like the chest, and shoulders will probably benefit from the weight reduction. Got a video on them here: Light Weight ASA.

I'm rooting for ya! The shoulder attachment seems tricky. I want you to get it all figured out before I get to that part of my suit :lol:

whatever6

Weight of 3D printed parts has been on my mind lately, so I've been looking into light-weight PLA/ASA filaments. They're foaming filaments, and I've never tried printing with something like that before, but super heavy pieces like the chest, and shoulders will probably benefit from the weight reduction. Got a video on them here: Light Weight ASA.

I'm rooting for ya! The shoulder attachment seems tricky. I want you to get it all figured out before I get to that part of my suit :lol:
Wow that stuff sounds awesome, I wish you would have told me earlier about it :D However, it is very expensive it costs twice as much as I paid for my PLA and there only seems to be one seller (colorfabb). But I will keep it in mind in case I will do another cosplay in the future.

The attachment of the shoulders is quite easy unlike the rest of the arms. The right shoulder has (as from the original 3D model) 3 attachment points, so that is quite good. The left shoulder however does only have 1 attachment point, where a lot of weight is laying, so I'm gonna attach the left pauldron to the back as well. I hope it will hold even if I attach the arms pieces to it later on.

whatever6

The Belt​

I finally got some free time again, so I started with the belt.
I tried to use the template which I bought, but it was really a waste of money. It is totally wrong scaled and has far too complicated cuts. So I did it freestyle again:
IMG_20220117_200429864.jpg

The belt buckle is from thingiverse and it is attached to the belt via velcro. Behind the printed buckle is a real buckle, which can be adjusted in the length (just in case I get fat :D).
IMG_20211230_140425376.jpg
IMG_20220114_184558538 (1).jpg

The Pockets​

The 3 pockets at the back are self made from EVA, but it took me way longer than I thought:
IMG_20220115_112750767.jpg

So for the other pockets I simple bough 2 of these little military style molle pockets:
61PT-UAP0AL._AC_UX569_.jpg

This way I can actually store stuff in there if I ever go to a cosplay event, but to be honest I was just tired of working with EVA foam (I really do not like to work with this material). I just I hope nobody notice that there are actually 4 pockets, but I only bought 2 as they cost like $10 each :p.

Is it only me or does this thing looks like a speaker :unsure:?
pEJM2BG.jpg
81lUpxGcI1L._AC_SX450_.jpg

Because I was thinking of using a JBL clip for this part. It has the correct shape and size. And of course I could be playing DOOM music on it :cool: (even tho the quality is probably not so good).
Note sure if I really do that, but I guess it would be funny. Used ones do not cost that much.

Reference vs my result​

WQ9dD23.jpg
PyrkguK.jpg

IMG_20220117_201145563.jpg

I could have added more details, but as for now I'm happy. Details still can be added later on.

Next Up​

The next thing I am gonna do are some panties for the suit as my mannequin is basically still naked from the waist down and this does make me feel uncomfortable ^^'

Thanks for reading :)(y)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.