Props Yet Another Idea For A Gun... This Time The Magnum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang2500

Well, it's been a while since I finished my AR, but thought I could have done a way better job. Through thinking about how I could redo it, an idea popped into my head.

At first, I wanted to make an ODST M6C, with a working slide, mag, and everything. But then, I decided, "Hey, why not let it actually make a sound?"

Instead of making the sound with my already tested idea of using a recorder, I thought it should be a cap gun instead.

Now, I thought long and hard about this build, I wanted it to have a working slide, mag, cartridges that hold caps, and have blowback. However, I couldn't think of any way to have the bullets or blowback. Here's my idea anyways:

m6c_capgun.jpg

The different important parts are outlined in colour.

Green: This is the Magazine/Hammer Unit. I will try and make the original trigger setup from the cap gun I have go into the magazine. When the real trigger (Blue) is pulled, it will pull the other trigger, slam the hammer, hitting a cap as usual.

Blue: The Trigger Unit will be, of course, the trigger. It has a little tab on the back, so when pulled, it will push the assembly in the magazine to make the action.

Orange: This is the Barrel/Cap Holder Unit. it is the original part from the cap gun, and will be rested on a tab that will sit in the barrel. Hopefully, it will spin freely to actually work. To reload, I would have to pull back the slide, release the magazine, put in a new ring, put in the mag, and done.

If this works, it will be a LOT of fun! Unlike my AR, I'm planning on using Fiber Glass as the main material. This will mostly be for the sliding parts that will need to be stronger than Particle Board. Ontop of that is the usual wood, cardboard, and Bondo.

Not only will it have a working slide, but if all goes according to plan, it will have:

- A Laser

- A White LED for the Flashlight

- Like the AR, different parts will come apart if needed

- And the most exiting part:

IT WILL BE ABLE TO TRANSFORM! I am planning on making the base gun look like the Halo 2 Magnum.

magnum.jpg
weapons-locker-halo-3-odst-20090922011414650-000.jpg
magnum.jpg

This has nothing ontop, just the plain gun. Then I will make a Laser Unit that goes ontop, like on the ones in Halo 1 and 3. When I get bored of that, I could easily attach the ODST Silencer for extra jaw-dropping power.

Well, what do ya' think? I'm really exited to get started, but like I said I'm gonna have to plan this 100% before I get started. Don't want to screw this baby up.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention: All of the parts will be removable, and mimic a real gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back