Yoroi Armor Set

The Yokai helmet is finished! This helmet has been in the plans for a while, but I only just mustered up the courage to actually attempt it. And my god, it came out perfect.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

The visor has cutouts in the front where the lines are, making it so I can see! On top of that, the whole visor piece is magnetic! Whenever I need, I can pop it off and talk to people, making it way better for cons.

With this helmet being completed, I have no further plans for the Yoroi at the moment. The shoulders and knees are interchangeable, the armor is comfortable and nearly all the electronics have been installed. I have two helmets, both of which are fantastic in my opinion. Once the final touches have been finished, I'll do a detailed walkthrough of the entire armor.

making it so I can see!
""""""see""""""
I know there's a small hole, but like how much can you actually see? Gimme a scale on 1-10, 1 being literelly nothing and 10 being 20/20 on a clear day and complete peripheral vision.

The helmet looks fantastic by the way!

""""""see""""""
I know there's a small hole, but like how much can you actually see? Gimme a scale on 1-10, 1 being literelly nothing and 10 being 20/20 on a clear day and complete peripheral vision.

The helmet looks fantastic by the way!
honestly? id give it a solid 5, I can see the general gist of my surroundings, just not specific things without having to look around too much. definitely gonna look into a swappable resin/vacuformed visor, in case I want it to be easier to see every now and then.

Wow! 5 is not bad considering it looks like you're completely blind folded lol

Been a bit, hi! I've made a ton of changes to the suit since my last post, so I'm excited to actually share them! For starters, the old helmet is out, adn a new one was made! I ended up redoing a ton of stuff, adding LEDs, a set of fans, and a wireless mic! But, the highlight for me has to be the resin printed visor, it fills in the helmet so much better. After the remake, the Kabuto helmet really has become a favorite of mine.

cachedImage_png.jpg
cachedImage.jpg

Next is the armor additions! The lovely MoeSizzlac modeled the entire Yoroi core for free, so I grabbed a few parts from there! Mainly, the back techsuit bits and the neck seal! Although, I'll have to remake the neck seal, cause hot dam that thing sucks to wear. It's too stiff for my tastes, even though it's made of TPU But, might pick up some Varioshore TPU, give that stuff a test.

IMG_6168.jpg
IMG_6161.jpg
IMG_6169.jpg
IMG_6300.jpg

I made a few other changes, barely noticeable ones, but for now, I'll leave this post as the progress and the next as the good photos.

Now for the fun stuff, professional photos! I went to both Anime Expo and SDCC this year, and what an experience those were! Got a ton of love in the suit, as well as some good photos!

Sylvaprints Full Size-05.jpg
Sylvaprints Full Size-01.jpg
Sylvaprints Jungle-10.jpg

Forgot to mention, the suit also has a new undersuit and everything is attached to that! I learned to solder all the wiring for the armor in like a half an hour, so parts of it did fall apart lol. But, I'm still happy with how this came out! All the additions really helped make this suit the best it could have been! And honestly, the Needle Rifle really matches the suit, helps it pop!

Man this photo goes so hard

You've done such a great job on the suit!! So freakin sick

I love how well this all has turned out~! This has confirmed my next build will be yoroi armor!

Also, I'm a big fan of the demon slayer katana :p

Have you got any tips for a resin visor?

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back