You Try To Be Civil But Noooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

M07Marauder

Ok, first off this has to do with Team slayer on Sanbox.

It's 4v4 team slayer and my whole team quits one at a time before either team even has 10 kills.

I hold my own and just about tie the game up when it reaches 18 to 16 kills.

Then everyone on the other team starts using rocket launchers and camping overshield.

I play as civil as possible while getting extremely pissed, I avoid corpse raping and I don't talk trash.

They corpse rape me and shoot my body every chance they get.

I stayed in the match to the end, I don't believe in quitting the match even if your alone and no matter what the odds.

How does Bungie expect someone not to quit a match when this bull$#!T is going on? I swear to god I know it's just a game but I was so damn pissed after that match it took everything I had not to hit something. You try to keep to the rules and do the other team a favor by not quitting and how do you get repaid? By getting sack tapped every damn second and fighting nothing but a bunch of freakin rocket spawn camp killers.

Thanks Bungie, enjoyed every second of it :cautious: .

The $#!Tty thing is I can report them for it and nothing will happen, I thought about posting the video on youtube but that also would be pountless. With all the players I have seen in Halo 3 lately people would just be all like "Ahh, awesome video. Loved the sack tapping." .

Everyday I slowly lose interest in playing Halo 3 just because of crap like this, whats the point in playing when all you get is verbal abuse and bad sportsmanship shoved in your face just because you are trying to follow the rules.

That's all for my rant, be glad I decided not to make a video rant instead ;) .

*Sigh* Much better, now just throw in your 2 Cents if you don't mind.

Damn, dude. That sucks hardcore. Sorry to hear that, but in my experience that's just the way online multiplayer goes often times.

I've found that the people I've played against online are usually very rude (they talk "trash"), are cheap with the kills (SPNKr; seriously, what skill does one need with a weapon like that?) and have an annoying tendancy to hide (damn campers *mutter mutter*).

Generally, I just stick to playing local Multiplayer. Number one, it's with people I know. Number two, I know they're not the type to do that sort of stupid crap.

My friends and I have a sort of "code of conduct"/"code of honour" when we play against one another, and that more or less leaves out any of the aggravations one would normally find online.

For example, no spawn kills. I mean, c'mon... the person just got back into the game, so give them a chance to move more than a foot from where they just respawned.

To spawn kill doesn't take skill or tact, it's just a cheap kill. One that you don't even earn the point for, really.

Another example is no corpse raping. I'll admit I've tried that once or twice, but as soon as I went to do it I'd die, lol. So, left that pretty well alone for a while now.

If you're getting fed up with all of the annoying hijinx that occurs in online Multiplayer, and feel like you're losing interest in playing the game, my advice would be to switch to local for a while.

That's just my two-cent's on it ;)

Bad thing is I don't live near any of my friends and I work nights so I'm kinda s.o.l when it comes to local.

I usually stick to playing world at War but since the new maps came out for Halo I started playing it again. Just made me realize why I quit in the first place :cautious: .

Ah, crud. That's a mighty difficult position you're in, then. Sorry I couldn't be more help than that, dude. Just tried to give what advice I could :whistle:

Tis alright, I am fine with just playing Guild Wars if I start getting bothered by it.

Bought that yesterday, was more fun than I thought.

Yeah had a similar situation last night, Just bought a new xbox and halo 3 been over a year since I played it. Never corpse raped I've always looked at it as retarted. So I was playing slayer in the the noob section with 4 people one guy quit and the other 2 were playing splitscrene and held down a room and just waited for me, and everytime I died of course the one guy had to come up and corpse rape me. Funny thing is I still won, Then I made it my goal to make him my last kill to win the game then the only time I've ever done it I corpse raped him till the screen went black. Wasn't quite as extreme as yours but I watched the save game file and it pissed me off quite a bit more watching then playing.

Which is the reason I switched to PS3 are all my buddy's have it so I play with them and mute everyone else, I find playing with them just as bad cause they're just as big a sh*t talkers as anyone, Went so far as the other clan tried adding all of us to do a match on their terms... I didn't even have a mic and I had one guy talking trash through messages and I didn't say anything to them.

i learned a while ago that when that happens. to reduce stress find the hideing spots and sit their just to turn the tides. sometimes yes i dont like to quit games but when that sort of thing happens dont go into machmakeing without friends. yes i cant spell. but without friends i find machmakeing really broing and pointless. especially when your team quits for no reson or explanation because they dont like the map.

i know how you feel. i dont play much halo anymore because well i dont play much of the xbox because i got bored of the online after a while. sometimes i head into halo for reference or to play some old zombies with friends but thats it.. id love to play some old halo 2 swat once in a while but eh... even that gets boreing and you can only get so much of lockout and ivory tower... h3 should bring back ivory tower and foundation. they were the best.

23Magnum said:
My advice...

...play with friends in team games.

IGGY says:

I completely agree. When you go into a playlist without a full team, you're taking the risk of having a team of quitters. The world is not perfect and full of rainbows or unicorns. Go in with friends, or put your trust in random teammates.

Plus, unless you were completely destroying the other team (which you weren't), they had a "right" to teabag you. Although I don't agree with it often, if I'm with friends, I'd do the same thing, most likely. However, I also might not have, since I respect people who don't quit when they're deserted by teammates.

It's the way of the game. There's always Call of Duty if teabagging annoys you that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only seen one or two people who "stick to ther guns" like you have said, in that kind of situation. What me and my friends always did is that we sent him a message sayig something like " Thanks for sticking to the game, even though your team quit." Or, "That was awesome sportsmanship there, thanks for playing." I've been that situation as well, my friend lagged out on a 2v2 game in matchmaking, and both teams we're tied to 49-49 50 being the goal. And I camped, I think in that situation it's acceptable, cause your "out-gunned". Plus I wanted to win. :p

Never give up, never surrender.

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise

They're doing that to make you angry. If you get angry they just won on a whole new level. Don't put so much pressure on yourself and don't forget that it's a game. Whenever that happens to me I make a point of it to run around and try to make the other team laugh. (Then when they've got their backs turned, I deliver the SPNKr.

That's my little victory if my team quits on me. ;)

23Magnum said:
My advice...

...play with friends in team games.
no doubt. But make sure its with friends that won't shoot you "on accident" and hate the other team as much as you do.

also, just try to have fun amidst douchebaggory, its not always a fair fight on halo, and you can just ride it out until its over.

This doesn't really affect you but here goes,

I play mostly splitscreen and my friends got so bad that I had to write up a set of rules. You have to sign the rules or you don't play my copy of Halo 3. It has worked brilliantly so far.

Good Luck, and I hope you are able to resolve your conflict.

The Stig said:
Plus, unless you were completely destroying the other team (which you weren't), they had a "right" to teabag you.

No offense but that is a retarded statement, thats bad sportsmanship and just shows the childish nature of the people who do it. That and as I said I was keeping up just fine until I was getting spawn killed with rockets :lol: .

Whatever, I'm not going to get into a flame war over it so please don't take that as an insult.

Anyway, yeah I play with friends but the fact that I work nights and mostly play in the early mornings when I get home limits me because none of my friends are really on at that time.

Thanks, it's not so much much a conflict as much a small flash of anger dead and gone.

Well, I'll speak on behalf of the other team because I'm THAT guy in the Halo world. Sean pretty much nailed it on the head, it causes your opponent to be come angry and as a direct result a sloppier player. Based on the fact you held your own against all four for a time sounds like a reasonable play, and it worked. Practice and keeping your cool are keystones to a great player. Kudos for staying in the game, never back down from a fight reguardless of the odds.

Cheers,
Kensai

Yea I hate that. It's the same with me on most games, except COD:4. Soul Caliber is the worse though because everybody either uses Kilik, Maxi, or Cervantes, and use the same move over and over again. Even worse, once you get caught in the move, you can never get out till you're dead or they mess up. I mean, the point of the game was to use different characters and fight, not do whatever it takes to be level 900+.

But, it's those moments when you kick their @$$ and they fuss, oooohhhh the sweet sweet satisfaction of winning.

My point is, if it's that bad, take some time out, play something else, or stick with it till you beat them, and just say haha. It is just a game after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back