Young Spartan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagoner

Hello there, Thanks for taking a peek at this thread. :p

Having recently made an account on here after a while, I've attempted my first helmet.
As you can tell by the title, I'm young. (13. :p) So i'll be putting pocket money and savings towards materials to carry on. I managed to purchase some decent card and printed a pep file. (Thanks Harnor and Satchmo)

I don't have live, So I don't know the exact name of the helmet I'm building, But I know it's from the H4 multi player, And goes by the name of Warrior or something. I've only decided to do a Helmet since if I started the armour I'd have grown out of it too quick. :p

Anyway, I'll try and get some pictures of of my helmet so far. :D

Thanks.

helmet_wip_1_by_zagoner-d5m3sig.jpg

(Cheers for the help with pic)

That's the front so far, The side is falling apart since it's not finished yet and the back is looking like Bane's mask. :p

It's almost done now, Just finishing the other side now, Might have to finish tomo. But done a lot today since I have no Homework. :D Will post finished pictures tomorrow.

Hey dude, I'm 14 so it looks like were in the minority of young people here. This is a picture of all the helmets and you can find which one it is, I use this to decide which ones I do.
HskAd-747x1024.jpg

Brilliant! Thank you. Yeah, We're the kids here, Haha, Nice to see i'm not to only one this young. Thanks for that graph. It is a warrior helmet. Some nice helmets one there. I might try a Scanner or Scout in the future, :p

Good luck with your build! Your pep looks like its coming together pretty well. The helmet is normally the hardest part of the armor and I normally recommend waiting until you have some pep experience before attempting it, but I understand why you wouldn't want to do armor yet. I suggest looking into trying foam armor. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it's suppose to go together a lot faster, and it is a lot more flexible, as well as being a lot cheaper that the pep method. Most people I've seen do foam armor still do a pep helmet, so you aren't wasting that helmet either.

Also, to post pictures from dA, pick you image, right click on it and select "Copy Image Location", then on here, click the insert image icon when you're making your post, and paste the link in there.

Good luck!

Good luck with your build! Your pep looks like its coming together pretty well. The helmet is normally the hardest part of the armor and I normally recommend waiting until you have some pep experience before attempting it, but I understand why you wouldn't want to do armor yet. I suggest looking into trying foam armor. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it's suppose to go together a lot faster, and it is a lot more flexible, as well as being a lot cheaper that the pep method. Most people I've seen do foam armor still do a pep helmet, so you aren't wasting that helmet either.

Also, to post pictures from dA, pick you image, right click on it and select "Copy Image Location", then on here, click the insert image icon when you're making your post, and paste the link in there.

Good luck!
Cheers for the help with the picture, :p. Yeah. I'd love to start armour but i'll probably wait till i'm older and more practise doing this sort of thing. :) And yeah, Helmets are hard. I'm suprised i've got as far as I have with my impatience. Ha.

Also, Does anyone know where I can get simple cheap resin from? Preferably in the UK.

Sorry for no updates, Expected to finish my Helmet yesterday, But the side seems to be having problems staying. :/ Will try and finish soon if anyone is watching. :)

I'm sure that there are quite a few younger members here. I was going to say that I'd join your minority, but I am turning fifteen Thursday, so I don't really know what the margin is for "kid."

Welcome to the 405th! Helmet looks good, I'll watch for updates!

P.S. Ask for a Live card for Christmas.

Hey mate... its amamzing to see young people beeing so creativ!

Im sure this will turn out great! and it doesnt matter how old you are.. ;)

spes256

Your helmet look´s very good hope to see it finished :D

Thank you, I'm getting there!

I'm sure that there are quite a few younger members here. I was going to say that I'd join your minority, but I am turning fifteen Thursday, so I don't really know what the margin is for "kid."

Welcome to the 405th! Helmet looks good, I'll watch for updates!

P.S. Ask for a Live card for Christmas.

Happy birthday for Thursday! I've had a live card since 2010, But my Xbox just does not want to connect, I had a wireless Adapter but it didn't work and Ethernet is too much fuss, So, Hopefully this christmas it'll work!

Hey mate... its amamzing to see young people beeing so creativ!

Im sure this will turn out great! and it doesnt matter how old you are.. ;)

spes256

Gotta start somewhere :p.

But yeah, Will post pictures later in the evening, Home from school so can try and finish!

zagoner keep up the good work, keep your head open to ideas on how to overcome obstacles when/if you hit them. need any help i don't mind answering questions at all either. hope to see a finsihed product sometime for this!

That looks pretty good, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I'm 15 myself so I sort of fit into the younger age group of people on this site.

Keep up the good work!

Ehi nice to see other young spartans here...i have your same problem but when i started i was building and old Halo 3 scout helmet...well i still love it but i hope that you will do an awesome job for your like i tried to do with mine : ) new helmets are even harder to do but keep going on oh yeah and i'm 15 too so not really "old" too right? keep up posting pictures!

Sorry for not updating. I ditched the helmet around Xmas. Finished it last night so hoping to upload some pictures later. Really nice to have it finished, The pep stage feels like you make no progress until you glue that last tab :p

Going to be picking up some resin next weekend and hopefully doing that stage soon when it's warmer.

Also sort of planned the steps, Found a nice silver motor bike visor what I'm going to get when I have the time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVER-TINTED-VISOR-INSERT-MOTORBIKE-CYCLE-CRASH-HELMET-/390265584188?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5615145018201309899%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D390265584188%26

You guys think that'll be alright? I'm possibly going to paint it Blue & White/Silver or possibly White & Silver. Any paint brands/colours suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. Hopefully I'll finish this :D

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back