Your Best 3D Renders/models (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4617959800_3c3bb57ff0_b.jpg

Learning how to work with non-planar surfaces. Very exciting! :)

Hele some golden ring :)

gallery_4862_261_142217.jpg

And compilation of my old Halo models

gallery_4862_261_318478.jpg

what would be a good beginner program to use that will not cost me an arm and a leg and i can learn to use without a masters degree?

there are three major 3d animation programs out there, Lightwave, 3ds Max, and maya. If i remember correctly Maya is the only one that can be obtained free - legally. Correct me if i am wrong but i believe Maya is free.

and there are allot of free tutorials out there for all three.

i checked all three out and they all had 30 day free trials and cost about $900.00 or more.. ouch.. would probably take me more than 30 days to get started let alone learn how to do anything of any quality. any other ideas? something that might be complataple with pepakura?

i checked all three out and they all had 30 day free trials and cost about $900.00 or more.. ouch.. would probably take me more than 30 days to get started let alone learn how to do anything of any quality. any other ideas? something that might be complataple with pepakura?

Closest thing would be Blender.Free, but it's very hard to learn though.

Blender is a great program. It seems daunting at first but if you read some good tutorials you can know the basics in a few hours. It exports in most of the major file formats, including .OBJ which is what I believe pepakura needs.

The Blender wiki has all the tutorials you will need.

and you can get the program at the blender website.

Good luck with your modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back