Props Your Desktop Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hi all,
on request of few forum members (Hello dewdz!), I made PDO of Halo 1 Warthog turret separately.
Format: Letter
Height: 21.26 in
Width: 15.315 in
Length: 33.622 in

PDO unfolded

2933321494_eeab3f3eb7.jpg

You need to slow down! Work on something else for a change! Nice job bevbor. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I've been waiting for something like this for a long time, I downloaded your warthog too, and its awesome, nice job on the turret I can't wait to make it.

OMG you are making everything!!!!!!!!

Hmm, a desktop turret... the perfect way to get my brothers out of my room! Genius!!!

Sorry for the double post but I think if you scale it to about 0.568210 it will be life-sized.

EDIT: Man it doubles the size but it takes 150 pages! That's one whole pack of cardstock.

Goosebot 5000 said:
if only there was a desktop version that shot spitballs.

god knows i could have used that in junior high.

Cool. You guys want Halo 3 Turret?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not finished but here is the support structure. Not done with the base or the gun itself yet. Should be soon (I hope!).

Turret.jpg

tlither said:
Not finished but here is the support structure. Not done with the base or the gun itself yet. Should be soon (I hope!).

Wow, I'm glad you started it :)
I didn't expect that it will be so large :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The base for the turret itself is about 14.5 inches or almost 37 cm high. Once built, I'll post a pic on the base.

[attachment=7135:signiture_models.png]

Its the M82, not the Barrett .50 Cal.
Thats just what COD4 calls it cause they're a bunch of noobs

Here it is without the base and foot supports. Yes it drops down in the front. That is caused by the weight of the entire upper part of the gun and base. Total assembled height at default scale (minus the base) is 20.5 inches or just about 52 centimeters. This has been the most difficult enclosed model build I've done so far. Some of the parts (like the shield and lower canister attachments) have very close tolerances. The barrels were no fun either. As you might be able to tell from the pic below, mine aren't exactly straight. Now all I need is a Master Chief tall enough to stand behind this thing! Good job bevbor! Thank you very much for this model.

hog-turret.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back