Yuki-Kedamono's First Armor: Mark Vi (Normal Detail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moonwildflower said:
Great job on what you've done so far. When you get your's done, we may need to go take a walk on Ft. Hood and have some fun.

Sorry we haven't been able to get together to do work. Getting ready for school is killing me. I might have few days this week where I'm not doing anything. Text me if you want to meet up or something.

haha that'd be nice ^^ we'll see. i know i still have alot of pepping an resinin to do before i move on to tryin that clam shell thing. which btw... should i cut the material after i glass it or before while it's still just the cured resin?

an i dunno about walkin in full gear on ft.hood. it'd be fricken sweet though! i know there's an EB at the clear creek PX so if we warned em ahead of time maybe we wouldn't get the MP on our asses, hahaha.

but a walk around somewhere is definitely in order ^^ with the addition of the caramelldansen too XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuki-Kedamono said:
haha that'd be nice ^^ we'll see. i know i still have alot of pepping an resinin to do before i move on to tryin that clam shell thing. which btw... should i cut the material after i glass it or before while it's still just the cured resin?

an i dunno about walkin in full gear on ft.hood. it'd be fricken sweet though! i know there's an EB at the clear creek PX so if we warned em ahead of time maybe we wouldn't get the MP on our asses, hahaha.

but a walk around somewhere is definitely in order ^^ with the addition of the caramelldansen too XD

I would wait to cut it till after it's been glassed, or at resined, so that it retains it shape.

I think if we gave the MP's enough of a warning, they'd let us on base. I just want to walk down one of the main roads,(maybe during lunchtime) and see what happens. Almost took my armor to Walmart two nights ago. But it started raining and I didn't want to walk around in that. lol

moonwildflower said:
I would wait to cut it till after it's been glassed, or at resined, so that it retains it shape.

I think if we gave the MP's enough of a warning, they'd let us on base. I just want to walk down one of the main roads,(maybe during lunchtime) and see what happens. Almost took my armor to Walmart two nights ago. But it started raining and I didn't want to walk around in that. lol

that would be a good idea. maybe take a walk from the shoppette to the main food court across the street or somethin, then we can head over to the px an hold them up for possible free xbox 360's maybe? lol j/k

though when the time came what would be the way to get the eye of the MP's the right way an tell them about all this an see if it's ok? just call them up at the station or something direct like that? i've never done it before so i wouldn't know the best way to go about it. i'd guess that would be it though *shrugs*

i think the best excuse for us to give the MP's "IF" they wanted one, is that we'd be advertising the game at EB or something *shrugs*

Yuki-Kedamono said:
that would be a good idea. maybe take a walk from the shoppette to the main food court across the street or somethin, then we can head over to the px an hold them up for possible free xbox 360's maybe? lol j/k

though when the time came what would be the way to get the eye of the MP's the right way an tell them about all this an see if it's ok? just call them up at the station or something direct like that? i've never done it before so i wouldn't know the best way to go about it. i'd guess that would be it though *shrugs*

i think the best excuse for us to give the MP's "IF" they wanted one, is that we'd be advertising the game at EB or something *shrugs*

Let's just call them up and let them know. I don't know if they'll allow us to carry any weapons though. That might be pushing it. lol

moonwildflower said:
Let's just call them up and let them know. I don't know if they'll allow us to carry any weapons though. That might be pushing it. lol

definitely XD

i gots ta finish my armor first though XD

i'm getting there, slowly but surely

OK ALL! I was officially given permission to put a painted stencil of the 405th emblem on my armor! d^__^b

also, I have another update ^__^

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y69n5blaXj0[/media]

Wow Yuki, this is awesome progress! Those bicep pieces look fabulouus, the folds look perfect and looks like you did a great job with the fibreglass and resin.

The forearms look great too, again good job with the resin & fibreglass!

How did you find the Bondo? Looks great for saying its the first time you've used it!

This is looking rediculously great, keep us posted! :]

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Wow Yuki, this is awesome progress! Those bicep pieces look fabulouus, the folds look perfect and looks like you did a great job with the fibreglass and resin.

The forearms look great too, again good job with the resin & fibreglass!

How did you find the Bondo? Looks great for saying its the first time you've used it!

This is looking rediculously great, keep us posted! :]

well i've been getting alot of help from moonwildflower. she tells me what exactly it is that i need cause i had no idea, i got so confused when i found all the different bondo products. lol

but i found those products in the auto section of walmart. it is really cheap compared to finding it at lowes or home depot.

but the first thing i do is take the dremel an get the bigger chunks that were caked on too thick from the body filler, then once it's mostly cleaned off i take a sheet of sandpaper an smooth it out to the best of my ability. it's still really rough right now but i'll be putting a little more body filler in order to smooth out those rough spots better.

that's really about it. oh also what helps me keep them mostly smooth is those plastic spreaders, their like flat hand held boards you use is order to make the layer you put on something is flat. I haven't used it yet, but when i put on a second layer to make is smoother i will be. the first layer was just to fill in the cracks or the bubbles on the edges.

an thanks! i really appreciate it. i really don't think it's coming out all that good but if you think it's lookin good then it's true that everyone is their worse critic

OK OK!!! i have some more updates. it's not much, but here's the video ^^

if you can't see the video or you're unable to watch it then i'll just give you a run down:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7P7SFMxtc[/media]

I hadn't worked on my armor for about a month and when I got started again the week i got things organized to continue sanding it started raining... an raining... an raining for about a whole week. the sky still threatens once in a while but it goes in an out an it hasn't rained today so I think I'm in the green again.

anyway, So now, back to sanding. I took that month long break from it because I was both being lazy an I was hating having to go back to sanding... so far my LEAST favorite thing to do for armor building. I still have the shin, feet, chest, butt an helmet to pep, as well as the other forearm, and the 2 bicep pieces to body fill an sand. i've finished body filling an sanding the two handplates and one of the forearms. i've got a while to go but now that i'm into the swing of sanding an just going without stopping till it's sanded then I think I should have my armor finished in time for Ikkicon. here's hoping, lol.

btw any of you guys going to ikkicon? i'd like to meet some of you there! i'll be rooming with my hubs(Kite-Levinas) an 2 friends i made at animix (Pinky an his girlfriend).

I'll be a red spartan with HOPEFULLY a blue flag (trying to get things in order to have one made...), if not then either way I'll definitely have a plasma pistol anywho.

well... that's all for now guys! lemme know what you think! I didn't show it but after recording an I finished sanding I added a thin coat of resin to smooth it out just a wee bit more. My test forearm has a coat of fiberglass on it so I'll mess with that some an see how I'll be handling it before moving on, going to see if I'll be using the fiberglass or not. If there's not much difference in strength in my own personal opinion then It'll just stay with the layers of resin, cloth an body filler ^^ I may just put a thin layer fiberglass to add just a little extra thickness to the outside. we'll see.

what do you guys think I should do?

anyway, that's all for real! haha. more updates later!

edit2:

simple pics:

Photo-0053.jpg
Photo-0050-1.jpg

handplate an my new armor building set-up

Photo-0051.jpg
Photo-0052.jpg

front an side view of forearm piece going through body filler stage

Photo-0049-1.jpg

takin a break, but too lazy to even take the protective stuff off haha. gotta stay safe when surfin the web now!

Alright guys, another update... though it's mostly just by word, no pictures or video, sorry. i'm kinda tired.

Ok... after hanging out with Lovebug an Ithica the last couple of weeks and even driving ithica to work (lol) I've decided on a number of things...

#1 I wasn't going to get my armor anywhere near done in time with the methods I was using...

#2 I was losing interest an patience quickly making everything from scratch!

#3 I was wasting so much money trying things from scratch with nobody to help with hands on instructions (i have no sound on my computer, lol)

and

#4 both ithica an lovebug have been so incredibly helpful and nice enough to offer to give me hands on help learning how to mold an even going so far as to let me use their master molds in which i am giving them the entire full credit for once finished! the only credit i'll be allowed to account for, is doing the work an painting. but the details in the armor itself will be because of dave an britt's awesomeness XDDD

they be's mah new buddies, lol. not just cause of the whole armor thing, but cause of a ton of other reasons ^__^

so Britt helped me order some smoothcast 300, though dave tried to convert me to choosing flex foam i ended up turning it down because it was a bit more expensive ^__^;;

anyway i don't know if i'll have my ENTIRE suit finished in time for ikkicon, but again britt was a sweety an may let me temporarily borrow the pieces I need to have a finished suit until my suit is finished. ^___^

and one other note.. instead of the traditional unisex suit of armor, I'm trying to get into some info on possibly being able to use Joe's female spartan master mold... we're just trying to figure out if the bust is big enough to fit me (i'm preeeetty top heavy ^^;; ) if it does, then in the end, credit for the molds will go to both ithica, joe and lovebug ^^ an the labor of putting them all together an making them into finished work will go to me.

well... that's all for now. hopefully I can get some pics out to you guys soon.

OH! crap.. one more thing... the handplates.... the ones i did from scratch... I'll be using those for my suit as well. an frankly that will really be the only thing on my suit i did from scratch, lol. they were the only things i really got finished. all i have to do is smooth out the back, paint them, seal them, then attach them to my gloves XD

ok, for real now, that's all. ^___^

thanks for keeping up guys! i think... lol if this topic even interests anybody. lol.

maybe one day i'll try again for doing a set of armor from scratch, but for now... it's just too much time, and money and I don't have either. ;n;

well thanks all!

ta ta for now!

Photo-0070.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back