Yup I feel like a nub here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i have tried about half a million different measurements to get the left thigh piece scaled properly but i just cant seem to get it right. I am using Robo's armor patterns and I have read the armor scaling tutorials but its not helping. I am 5'10 and about 130lbs could anyone please guide me in the right direction?

i dont know i would try the scaling thread again because the guy that wrote it what 5'11'' so he measurements should work

All of robogen's basic pieces should be at the same scale in the original 3d model, use the same/similar scale once you figure it out.

All I can say for now is it's time to start guesstimating, measure from your hip bone, about 1-2 inches down from your hip bone, to a inch above your knee cap, measure the side of your thigh, once you get that, convert it to centimeters, and try to play with the scale until you can get the bottom right corner of pepakura to show a similar height or length.

The longest measurement on the bottom right of the screen will by the height of the thigh, if the model is flipped sideways, it may be length or width, but which ever is longest for the thigh will be it's actual height when completed.

It's like making a AR, you know the AR is supposed to be a long weapon, so you know the largest measurement will be the length of the actual weapon.

I've had problems like you on certain pieces, so I started guesstimating and finally got it right for my whole suit, good luck to you :)

ok now i really feel like kicking myself in the forehead. I was reading the scaling thread and doing the scaling by 30.342 which what was posted in the thread but the scaling for the file is 52.4 lmao please someone take me out back and beat me because ive gone though about 20 sheets of cardstock and a box of bandaids figuring this out

well...if you are using robo's armor, put your height in inches in the scale box. simple as that.

Why dont you do it the easy way and measure with a ruler the part of your body that you are making armor for?

I did, and it works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back