• Too small

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

helmet pep is finished and hardened with glue, still going to add more reinforcement with glue and card, tell me what you think in size,

AND VOTE IN TEH POLLZ

DSC00514.png

I think it's just right, but the way I judge is when the torso is being worn too, but atm, it's looking perfect :D

centerside said:
I think it's just right, but the way I judge is when the torso is being worn too, but atm, it's looking perfect :D

good :p

i may work on the arms next, dont think i have enough card for the chest

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE... KINDA

well, not much of an update, but just a note, ive pretty much hardeneed the inside with a whole layer of carboard (excluding the visor) if i have time ill do another layer of cardboard on the inside for extyra support and to make it neater

ill be resining the outside after that, body-filling, painting, padding, and voila

Zenzeigan said:
UPDATE... KINDA

well, not much of an update, but just a note, ive pretty much hardeneed the inside with a whole layer of carboard (excluding the visor) if i have time ill do another layer of cardboard on the inside for extyra support and to make it neater

ill be resining the outside after that, body-filling, painting, padding, and voila

Just curious, what kind of visor would you use on your helm?

centerside said:
Just curious, what kind of visor would you use on your helm?
i dunno, ill just get some cheap gold one off ebay for £15

i know im supposed to use 2 visors, and put one over the top thats been cut, instead of having the wierd engravings n stuff over it, ill just draw the visor details with the glue gun

Zenzeigan said:
i dunno, ill just get some cheap gold one off ebay for £15

i know im supposed to use 2 visors, and put one over the top thats been cut, instead of having the wierd engravings n stuff over it, ill just draw the visor details with the glue gun

Cool idea, but I like the way Wetokle did with his visor on his cqb helm

centerside said:
Cool idea, but I like the way Wetokle did with his visor on his cqb helm
:eek:

hows this?

havent herd of it, does it include buying 2 visors, if so, i cba

kk, just a quicky bump/update, the armour is in its sanding-bondo stage,

i have rondo'd about a quarter of it before i went and ran out of the stuff, instead of rondoing the rest, ill just buy the bondo alone and do it seperately, its been sanded, (not all of it)

i would put pics but my brother stole my camera, sorry guys, not much of an update, but i needed to bump it abit, and explains how its going

tenacioust183 said:
well the pep part looks perfect size. so you are using cardboard instead of fiberglass?
hotglueing the whole thing, and covered all the glue onthe isnide with cardboard cut up, then a layer of hot glue over that

its looking great keep it up hand plates need a little work but hey things are looking great so far man keep it up cant wait to see your finished armor :p

HALOFAN111 said:
its looking great keep it up hand plates need a little work but hey things are looking great so far man keep it up cant wait to see your finished armor :p

lol, bump...

yeah, the handplates, im thinking of redoing without the bondo, they went ok... kinda

my armor topic will be majorly changing though...

if my suit goes as well as i plan it to go, then it will be a normal MC suit, however,
if it warps a bit, or the bondoing doesnt work that well, then i will be stealing kensai's idea, and be naming it "Scarrred"

it will be painted black, with major battle damage, like a huge crack across the helmet, and a smashed visor where the eye is. and more battle damage, just so i can say "the bad bondo is done on purpose to make it look more damaged XD

also, i am currently bondoing the helmet, half done so far, and ill let you in on a secret: i havent used a drop of resin, i used hot glue and card on the inside, then went strait to bondo, i dont know how much of a mistake this was, but i thought i would give it a try anyway

se7enheads said:
looking good. I'm excited to see your progress!

thanks, im half way through bondoing my helmet at the moment, i am just too god damn lazy to take pictures

If you use thick padding on the interior of the helmet it should cancel out any appearance of slightly larger than needed scaling although I think it will not be too noticeable when you have the rest of the armour on at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back