Zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom

Been almost a year since anyone has been in here :eek:.

RIP The Tutorial.

Once we get the 405th all setup, I think it may be time to pick this thing up again. Just a thought/Suggestion.

-Doom

I do not know but I would mike to see the pep on the board as a pdf so I do do not need go some were to get them

May not be what your asking but it is what I would like

The way that I see it, the method I chose to used in this tutorial has been eclipsed by Pepakura.. I could salvage some of what's in here, but I don't think this is going to become the all-encompassing tutorial that I imagined it to be.. to much has happened since I made my suit in 2005..

Pepakura beat me down... it's tough to justify anyone taking this route now that all they have to do is download the pep files and assemble them..

Maybe I can re-write that section this summer as I make my first fully Pep suit, but it''s a heartbreaker considering how much time was put into writing a section that pretty much useless now. Damn technology.. always making prievious efforts out of date. :cautious:

I think this thing holds WAY more promise than pep does. looking at those images again after seeing all the polygon laden stuff everywhere, reminded me of that.

At it's base form, yours is a free-form version of pepakura that permits you to create smooth arcs and layers, rather than polygons. It's got considerably more artistry to it (in terms of working out the design yourself, versus having someone else do all the modelling for you).

I think "the bomb" would be a marriage of pep and this method.. where you'd get some of the key elements pre laid out for scaling and help ensure accuracy & consistency, but large curves could be handled through your method instead. The use of layers greatly enhanced the overall impression, plus of course aids in the final smoothing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.