Zukazan's Spartan Lazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukazan

I've been away for a while, but I've been working on a couple of things. I just started on a spartan laser cannon, thought I'd post what I've done and see what ya'll have to say.
Day 1
38758_138304352867894_100000649901477_248655_7560812_n.jpg

Day 2
38851_140003362697993_100000649901477_257196_3901013_n.jpg

Wow. nice pepping there. :)
Are you thinking of just keeping it an normal prop? Or are you going to add special effects to it like a working triggor or a lazer pointer? lol

So I got to the front and it's telling me to bend the cardstock at horrible angles. On the 3D layout of the gun, it's missing an extra piece or something. Must of happened in the unfolding process, cus I've got an extra little side that I'll have to work around. And yes I plan on at least putting a metal hook at the front and possible a red Led light or something.
33488_140258096005853_100000649901477_258164_7057477_n.jpg

So I got to the front and it's telling me to bend the cardstock at horrible angles. On the 3D layout of the gun, it's missing an extra piece or something. Must of happened in the unfolding process, cus I've got an extra little side that I'll have to work around. And yes I plan on at least putting a metal hook at the front and possible a red Led light or something.
33488_140258096005853_100000649901477_258164_7057477_n.jpg

dear God...

it's beutiful.

this is gonna be awesome when its done. you should do something with the foregrip in the front, like have it be flat on the underside and spring load it so that it unfolds down, like in the game. except in the game it does the whole transformer thing and appears out of the weapon.

O.O This must be the only spartan laser pep attempted, that looks so awesome! Great job so far can't wait to see it finished! Definatley worth the 50 pages so far!

Thanks fellas, and yes it looks amazing. It was only 34 pages, but I know my friend Savvy was able to do one, don't know if he was able to finish. I like the Idea for the callapsable foregrip tho'. That sounds awesome.
It took about a week and a half, but I got it pepped and then smoothcasted.
Laserpepped.jpg

And then resin and smoothcasted.
lasersmooth.jpg

I got some sanding done today, mostly today was for bondo and hanging with friends. I'll sand a lot tomorrow and post some more pics for ya'll. Got to get back to Starcraft...

Took me a couple days of sanding with my silent hill costume getting in the way, but I got it all sanded. I took some good pics for you guys. (if you can call them good, I hate my phone)
First I primed so that I could see all the little imperfections better.
Then I got bored and thought of what a Spartan getting ready for battle would do in his freetime, so I etched something into my weapon.
KissThis.jpg

Then I added the front hook by dremeling out a large chunk of the front and putting it in and sealing with hot glue and a small bit of smoothcast, it came out a bit squishy, which is what I was going for so that I could still move the hook a bit. Then I reprimed everything.
primed.jpg

And yes Spartan Will, my sis and I are adding in a blinking red LED light to the front of it. It looks amazing.
And I really like the idea of customizing the laser with little things like KISS THIS and all.
Anyone have any good ideas for customizing the laser with cool things like that? I want to make it so it looks like it didn't pop right out of the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back