Zune Hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguy55

Hey, everyone! I've been away for a while, so I thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive. ^.^

Anyhu, I was wondering if anyone had seen the Zune HD? I don't think there is a topic about it already, I searched but you guys know how well that works sometimes.

zuneHD.jpg

An overview of the Zune HD specs:

Unconfirmed rumors (A Microsoft spokesperson declined to comment or confirm):

• Camera?
  • Company insiders tipped us off with the possibility of a limited edition dock accessory in various colors.
  • 3D Xbox Game Support?
  • Windows Mobile 7 preview bits included? (Maybe these reports mean an early WinMo 7 beta?)
I am very impressed by it, the 32GB is rumored to be $399. So, the price is about the same as the iPod Touch. I will definitely be getting one, come September.

More pictures and a video of the prototype in the link below.

http://gizmodo.com/5272228/zune-hd-hands-on-photos-and-video-tour

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've been looking at that for quite some time. I'm definitely going to sell my iPod Touch to buy the Zune HD. iTunes is hard on the wallet, and the Zune HD looks like it has a lot to offer.

i have used itunes only three times, and that was to get tv shows but that zune looks, sexy enough to buy two, i wonder if RVB will make a vid for this one

XBL is probably the mayor selling point, but it's going to have a hard time against iTunes. It seems a bit lame though, as the specs include a web browser and an international release. come on.

the biggest issues are:

- on the music/multimedia side it's trying to copy the iPod, but it would have to be better, not just on par.

- on the gaming side, it's going against the psp/nintendo ds. good luck.

- the screen is too small and that tegra chip is going to drain the battery faster than american car drains it's petrol tank.

I will try it though, but I can't imagine it being such an experience like the iPod (party because the iPod did it 4 years ago).

EDIT: found related old thread (skip to the end)

TF_Productions said:
XBL is probably the mayor selling point, but it's going to have a hard time against iTunes. It seems a bit lame though, as the specs include a web browser and an international release. come on.

the biggest issues are:

- on the music/multimedia side it's trying to copy the iPod, but it would have to be better, not just on par.

- on the gaming side, it's going against the psp/nintendo ds. good luck.

- the screen is too small and that tegra chip is going to drain the battery faster than american car drains it's petrol tank.

I will try it though, but I can't imagine it being such an experience like the iPod (party because the iPod did it 4 years ago).

EDIT: found related old thread (skip to the end)

The battery was the only thing I'm worried about. I've had both and iPod and a Zune and I prefer the Zune. I like the layout and the buttons and pretty much everything about it over the iPod. Also, I much prefer the Zune softwhere over iTunes. iTunes is always slow and tends to create problems with other programs. As far as I can tell it's not going to be a gaming console at all, or it will be about as much as a handheld as the iPod Touch.

The only real challenge I see is if the Zune has apps or not. The Touch and the HD are pretty much identicle except Microsoft doesn't have an app store... so far. I'm hoping they get one soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's never come to europe, can't compare... but iTunes is bad software by any standard (on windows). Almost as bad as the Windows Media Player.

Apple just has that business feel to it, many CEOs, and executives have iPhones/iPod Touchs. I develop software, and the big hype is web based stuff (runs without installing, OS-independant = saves money). We were developing a big project, and we added a custom tailored iPhone/iPod Touch design... we sold +200% in licences, just because the executives like the idea. Same content on PC, Mac, Linux and iPhone.

Which brings me to another point: Microsoft will include an IE based browser, instead of the (free, open source) WebKit, which makes the iPod such a potent browsing machine.

I can't see how Microsoft are going to miss out on gaming though. Think about the possibilities with Xbox Live AND Nvidia Tegra. Some iPhone games are really good, and Microsoft just have to use the opportunity, I just hope they can make the stretch. Competition is always good, and the PSP/DS is just not my thing.

I have an Ipod Touch. The games are very fun time killers but they get boring fast. If this machine can offer me something my Ipod can't such as better video, sound, and game quality my Ipod will be gone. Plus I am already mad Itunes went from 99cent songs to $1.29.

It is also a very sexy looking MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back