Katana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, how do I do that? In teh emantime, i'll look for a model. Also, i have an idea for my armor that doesnt involve bondo:

Assemble the pep files and cover it with cardboard to stabilize, then cover with blue paper. WHat do you guys think?

Hellbringer17 said:
Assemble the pep files and cover it with cardboard to stabilize, then cover with blue paper. WHat do you guys think
This has been discussed before.

You want something that's REALLY stable? Use a wooden bokken instead. It's far more durable than any pep or cardboard replica you can make. Plus, a bokken is cheap and looks like a real katana when properly painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
This has been discussed before.

You want something that's REALLY stable? Use a wooden bokken instead. It's far more durable than any pep or cardboard replica you can make. Plus, a bokken is cheap and looks like a real katana when properly painted.

Ok, where can i buy a Bokken? ANd i meant the cardborad thing for my pepe armor because I can't buy Bondo or resin. WOuld it work? Also, does anyone have the link to where taht has been discussed before?

I know it's not the same, but if you're looking for a knife or blade, you could use the knife from the ODST armor of the wiki. If you REALLY need a katana, you could modify that knife in pep or scratchbuild a longer center section for the knife.
Hope that helped.

It may be hard to do pep without resin or bondo, but for a katana, your best bet would be a bokken, like previously stated, or build it from scratch, and just out of curiosity, how are you going to make your armor without resin?

I have teh idea of building teh pep, cover it in a thin layer of carboard and cover with blue paper. DO you guys know if it would work? How would it look?

Brokken, if you try it in pep, it would probably snap if you wave it around for about 2 seconds. Brokken would be strong, but not be banned from conventions and the like because it is not dangerous like a real katana.

Yea, as the other contributors of this thread, a wooden one would really be best. You could probably spray paint it or add some more detail to make it more "accurate".

Hellbringer17 said:
I have teh idea of building teh pep, cover it in a thin layer of carboard and cover with blue paper. DO you guys know if it would work? How would it look?
the cardboard could work fine, but not the blue paper, it would last less than a week, are you allowed to use spray paint? that would make it much better..

Just to let you guy's know. Hellbringer17 has created 9 Topics in the past 2month's 5 of wich have been locked (yes, thats over half). He even had his own "Hellbringer17 question's thread".. Why isnt this posted there? Dont mean to be nasty or anything. But you'r kinda cluttering this forum. I wont say anyomore because this will probrably end in a mass argument.

But as for the pepakura sword.. I think it's pointless like everyone else has said go with a bokken.

P.s Sorry I sound like a douche.

i was at target and saw a sword for the dark knight batman movie. maybe you could make the huyabusa and then get the sword on the back.

Trust me, you DO NOT want to make the katana from pep, I have tried it from the model I made, ands it's too fiddly, too many really small pieces to glue/stick. So your better off just buying a wooden one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back