Props Halo 3 Katana

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt go for getting a real one if your planning on bringing it to cons. Security will usually confiscate it from you but sweet find man ill prolly be building one of my own ^^

Oh come on, heavy... Ever heard of the SCA? People there do battle in steel armour from boot to helmet, in very large numbers for long periods of time. Walking around with a sword on your back is nothing, why is everyone around here so concerned with making everything scaled down because it's too big, or too heavy?

Also, katanas are not made to be heavy, if you've got a heavy katana, you've got a problem with that sword in itself.

Real swords are nice for display but not for carrying around at a convention. Most conventions (the reputable ones) will turn you away for having a real weapon.

Well, when you're thinking of a heavy sword, you're thinking of a medieval knight's sword. Japanese katanas are really light, the shorter ones are made to be thrown, even. It wouldn't weigh too much, but I doubt anyone would let you into a public gathering place with one on your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back