I've been working on my kids ODST armor for several weeks now. I've finished pepping all the pieces - just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can begin to resin. Last year I made guns out of pepakura. They lacked details and were not sturdy. This time I decide to modify some Nerf gun and make them into SMGs.
I started the process yesterday by planning what I need to do. Here is the progress so far.
Here is a picture of the Nerf. It has very similar features as the SMG.
Here is the blueprint of SMG I found off web.
The naked butt.
I'm covering the butt with cardboard and then detail it with strips of cardboard.
The barrel is too large with venting holes.
I disassembled the barrel to show the bore.
The barrel will be replaced with a PVC tube or paper towel tubing.
The gunsight was also destroyed and shortened.
More updates later.