2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice :not worthy: .

I was originally thinking of using my iPod in the helm but I don't really feel like dissecting it unless I can get another one as cheap as I did.

There is a resale store that I go to and the guy will sell/trade with you. I bought my black 80Gb iPod classic for $100 no damage or problems whatsoever. I will be getting most of my random bs idea stuff from there :D.

Damn good job, hope mine turns out just as good.

BTW you are using Flying Squirrels model unfolded by Robo right?

It looks like it, thats what I'm using. If so it's nice to see the finished product ;) .

mks81 said:
thanks for the info on the brim man. big help.
no prob dude glad i could help out

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Lookin good. :cool:
thanx man...smooth pimpin..lol

M07Marauder said:
Nice :not worthy: .

I was originally thinking of using my iPod in the helm but I don't really feel like dissecting it unless I can get another one as cheap as I did.

There is a resale store that I go to and the guy will sell/trade with you. I bought my black 80Gb iPod classic for $100 no damage or problems whatsoever. I will be getting most of my random bs idea stuff from there :D.

Damn good job, hope mine turns out just as good.

BTW you are using Flying Squirrels model unfolded by Robo right?

It looks like it, thats what I'm using. If so it's nice to see the finished product ;) .
i didnt feel like taking apart an ipod either....(i dont have a real one any ways so knock offs will have to do) only for the price though..(something about modifying or destroying apple products is really rewarding to me) ...btw i am using fs's model but i forget the unfold version i have ....im thinking its an easier one , this one was only 15 pages and was way less pieces to cut out....when i find out i'll post it for you

edit:hooray for new computers!!! (well new to me) this is my 2nd in 2 monthes...seems people just wanna give up on things when the power button decides not to work , and dont want to try and fix it themselves ,$1100 computer = garbage , same computer+$35 power supply= happy josh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aight, that'd be cool :cool: .

Yes, destroying an Apple product would be very satisfying.

In fact I actually have a 2000 G3 Mac I believe it is that I found by a curb that has not been wanting to allow an OS to be put on it so it might just get a nice little bat to the face :lol: .

That is unless I can figure out wtf is it's problem (no experience with Mac's).

(y)

That is AMAZING!!! My friend had a go at the battle damage detailing, and I thought his was good. However, compared to yours, his looks like it's been made by a 4 year old! Well done!!!

:not worthy: I hope mine turns out that well :not worthy:

=Ω24= Leyton

so heres a quickie got my leds started up in one side... AA battery , batter pack and some leds out of an old flash light...i got band practice but i'll try to finish it later
vlcsnap-78827.png

vlcsnap-79066.png

=Ω24= Leyton said:
(y)
That is AMAZING!!! My friend had a go at the battle damage detailing, and I thought his was good. However, compared to yours, his looks like it's been made by a 4 year old! Well done!!!
:not worthy: I hope mine turns out that well :not worthy:
=Ω24= Leyton
thanx btw man..i used black acrylic paint and a sponge to get it dirty . and silver paint and a fan brush for the scratches

sweet gibly giblets !!!! that is one SEXY helmet man !! haha freaking awesome job. can't wait to see the full suit with its finished paint job now \m/ :D \m/

NICE!!!! Your helm is amazing! Keep up the work and get that suit done so we can all drool over it. Haha. Paint job is awesome.

well i got the lights in on both cheeks...i think im gonna switch battery types to two AAA's , because the pack for 2 AAA's has a lower profile
vlcsnap-88722.png

vlcsnap-89737.png

vlcsnap-274159.png

vlcsnap-42712.png

vlcsnap-42933.png

just like a car i need to align the leds so they point forward, right now when i wear the helm they point up a lil so i cant see in front of me...

Humboldt_spartan said:
just like a car i need to align the leds so they point forward, right now when i wear the helm they point up a lil so i cant see in front of me...

ahh the joy of trial and error :p its still looking good though squire!

so i've been haunted by this hand plate that i built as a size tester at 2.0 cm high and was tooooo small...i thought i threw it away like 6 times now...but as i cleaned out from behind my computer i found the thing again! i think my cats are messing with me
vlcsnap-120939.png

vlcsnap-121205.png

it's a beautiful ,yet blustery day here in nor cal so i got out side and started cracking on the torso piece with some bondo.....after using the rest of my bondo and a tad too much activator (it was done before i was , were have i heard that before?) i was also thinking about how to do the raised detail pieces on the shoulders.... these parts http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...si&img=3193
card stock ought to work if i just cut out a template and resin it on there
but heres mine , im confidant that i have enough on here to smooth it out its just gonna take some sanding
vlcsnap-1654890.png

vlcsnap-1656166.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back