36 Hours. 2 People. Pre-Cut Pepakura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

humski9

So. I have 36 hours to work (so thats 3 days of full work each day), to make a full Pepakura Halo 3 Mjionir (spelling?) mark VI suit. I have two people (my sister is helping me full time, as a way to "spend time" with a very artistically talented, though not Pepakura experienced girl), and 36 hours, with pre-cut (assuming my scaling is correct,...im 5'9" 230, wide shouldered, 360 bench max [to give an idea of size, was a football player in HS]), pepakura, and pre-prepared folds. (im doing the printing, cutting, and folding before i head out). Do you think its possible to put together a suit (fully stocked and ready to blow?) in that period of time? I (as of now) will be using the Syflo's halo 3 mark IV models. Also, just curious, ive looked through the sticky about scaling, and searched, but still havent found Syflo's scaling...(properties?)...Im wondering if the 19.15 scale that Syflo has on his models is for an average person, or for a Spartan. That being said, ill proabably have to go a bit bigger to fit my arms (not trying to be an ass), and a bit bigger for my butt, chest...well...everything anyway, but still, i was wondering if anyone had any equations or charts for Syflo's scaling. Also, i remember seeing a post about someone who put together a cardboard H3 BR...i cant seem to find it again...any help? Cool. Thanks for reading. Sorry for being a new guy at this. But hey, you gotta start somewhere.

well good luck to ya lots of work ahead of you just read read and read more youll get all the info you need!!!

First of all, welcome to the 405th!

For your scaling question, why don't you try my scaling program linked in my sig?

As for pepping an entire suit in 36 hours, I don't know... If it's all pre-cut and folded, maybe. I don't think Slyfo has models for an entire suit, though. Whose models are you using for the rest? The lo-def Robogenisis files would be more likely to be completed in that time than the HD files, especially Flying Squirrel's chest.

When you say "fully stocked and ready to blow," do you mean reinforced, bondo'ed, sanded, painted, and padded? If so, then I'd hate to discourage another 405th member, but no. It's not possible to have a complete, ready-to-wear suit in so short a time. I understand you want to work with your sister, but is there any other reason you have to complete a suit in 3 days? Maybe you can do the pep work together, maybe resin what pieces you can, and finish the rest on your own? Unless you're prepared to have a warped, lumpy, ill-fitting suit, I would suggest that you take your time. There's a reason why many of us take a year or more to complete a suit, but when we're done, it's something to be proud of.

I wish you the best of luck.

You can, for sure, have a fully pepped suit in 3 days if someone's helping you "full-time" as you put it. For me to have put together a full HD Mk. VI suit fully pepped took me roughly a week and a bit working on pep at least 5 hours a day on it, if not more. If you're talking resin, bondo, sanding, shaping and all that stuff, three days will NOT be enough to put it frankly. However, if you want it done before Hallowe'en and assuming you can devote as much time and effort in those three days to the rest of the days between now and Hallowe'en.. I'd say very possible to get all of it done...you've got half a month left! Get to it! Also, I'm not familiar with slyfo's models but if they aren't HD, the pepping will be a piece of cake.

Good luck! I'd love to see progress pictures of this.

P.S. 5'9 and 230?!?! holy crap! At 5'8 and 175 I was feeling a little stout. You must be a beast!

It depends on a lot of things, if you are just looking for a low res suit, 3 days should be fine. And also, even tho a piece is scaled right, it can still not fit you. It sux but sometimes thats what happens. My rule is always bigger is better than a piece that is too small. Hope you best of luck!

it took me one day to do pep, and that was just helm. The bondo, resin, and paint WILL take a bit longer than three days, unless you don't mind a less realistic suit.

Yeah i finally realized that it will take longer for a fully completed suit. However, the reason i say three days is because thats the only amount of time i have during break before i have to fly back out to school. However, she would be able tofinish it in that period of time (before halloween), and ship it out to me. Ive already started, and have a right thigh peice pepped. My question though, i used 66 lb PHOTO paper. It was the only decently heavy lbs' i could find at kmart. Ill be getting some 110 lb cardstock for later, but would it be worth my time to resin and fiberglass the peice? or should i just redo it because it wont hold up? Also, as for scaling, it appears that the current syflo digits are relatively correct. Although these wouldnt fit (around) my thigh, its not a big issue to cut it down the middle (on the inside of the thigh, the part where theres only a few inches of material) and add some in to make it wider. This will probably have to be the case with everything else as well, but im super excited to really get started on this. So if you could help me out with the photo paper question, that would be great!

Thanks for all your help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back