1st Build 3D Printed Mk V(B) Build - First build!

The scaling in Armorsmith looks great, the helmet looks extremely clean. Nice to see a fellow Elegoo printer enjoyer here on the forums! What printer are you rocking? I've got an Elegoo Neptune 3 Plus.
Also, I didn't know Moe had an entire MKVB suit, I'll have to search for that for myself.

Ah, to have a printer that can do a helmet in one go... I started with an Ender 3, splitting up those same files, and I broke down and bought a bigger printer. Lol, It's so nice! Well done with the first couple prints! I finished my first set in Oct., and I was finding I had to do at least 3 heavy filler primer coats, but I was also printing at .2mm layer height. What are you printing at? Like others have said, sizing looks great, better to have a bit too much room than a bit too little, like mine. Keep up the great work!

Helmets looking great! 2-3 coats of the filler primer is a good amount. Unfortunately I haven't messed around with the visors, so not sure the best way to trim that would be
Thank you! And yeah, right now I have to get to sanding lol- I've been procrastinating so much.

I'm also printing MkV(B)! Helmet looks great, keep it up. My experience has been one of patience since there's just SO MUCH to print, but I've been focusing on learning about my printer and really making the quality as high as possible.

For visors I was actually planning on doing a vacuum formed one, I'm really interested to see how a motorcycle visor will work though it could be a great option if the trimming gets it to sit flush!
Oh sweet! And thank you. Waiting on prints definitely sucks but it's so worth it in the end in my opinion. And that's good! Thankfully this printer has been good about print quality right from the start lol

I was thinking about going the vacuum-formed route too but I figured it would be too much of a hassle for me. I can't wait to see how yours comes out though!

Oh also I realized that I never showed the actual color of the visor so here it is
1706231314758.png

Oh my god I just realized that I didn't even see/respond to most of the replies- oops

The scaling in Armorsmith looks great, the helmet looks extremely clean. Nice to see a fellow Elegoo printer enjoyer here on the forums! What printer are you rocking? I've got an Elegoo Neptune 3 Plus.
Also, I didn't know Moe had an entire MKVB suit, I'll have to search for that for myself.
Thanks, and I've got the neptune 3 max- they're definitely amazing printers lol

That helmet actually look awesome! What brand of filler primer are you using?
Thank you! I'm using the rust-oleum hi-build filler primer

Ah, to have a printer that can do a helmet in one go... I started with an Ender 3, splitting up those same files, and I broke down and bought a bigger printer. Lol, It's so nice! Well done with the first couple prints! I finished my first set in Oct., and I was finding I had to do at least 3 heavy filler primer coats, but I was also printing at .2mm layer height. What are you printing at? Like others have said, sizing looks great, better to have a bit too much room than a bit too little, like mine. Keep up the great work!
Nice! I'm pretty sure I'm also using .2mm layer height and thank you!

The helmet came out so clean off that printer!! Im excited to see the rest of your build and updates c:
Thank you!!

Bit of an update that can be summed up in a single picture:
1707859346096.png

I finally got some bondo to clean up the worse parts on the helmet and I'm in the middle of sanding it before adding a little bit more. And I took this picture to make sure that the proportions with the chest piece and helmet weren't terrible. Oh yeah, speaking of that- so far, 3/8 of the parts for the chest have been printed! Each part takes around a day to print. I took so long to get to it because I was finishing up printing my boyfriend's needler and some magnum parts using his filament before he got a new printer and I was also waiting on a few spools to come for my stuff.

I'm super excited because even with such little progress, I'm already seeing how this is going to look :)

The build looks like it's going very well!
How are you mounting your chest may I ask? (Magnets, clips, etc)

The build looks like it's going very well!
How are you mounting your chest may I ask? (Magnets, clips, etc)
I'm gonna be real honest, I'm not sure yet- I think I'll figure that out once I see how easy or hard it is to get on and off when it's all printed and I can tape everything in place to see how it fits. I have a feeling I'll be using magnets, but I'd rather see if I could manage to slide it on and off lol

I'm gonna be real honest, I'm not sure yet- I think I'll figure that out once I see how easy or hard it is to get on and off when it's all printed and I can tape everything in place to see how it fits. I have a feeling I'll be using magnets, but I'd rather see if I could manage to slide it on and off lol

If you're going to use magnets, make them big. I started there, and they weren't big enough. Neodymium is the only way to go as well. I ended up using them only for alignment, with buckles and velcro as well. Good luck, hopefully you're better than I am.

If you're going to use magnets, make them big. I started there, and they weren't big enough. Neodymium is the only way to go as well. I ended up using them only for alignment, with buckles and velcro as well. Good luck, hopefully you're better than I am.
Thank you for the advice- I already have some neodymium magnets so I'm glad I'm on the right track with that. I'll definitely keep all this in mind. Also, do you think that a higher number of magnets would help with the size issue? The ones that I plan to use aren't too big but they're already larger than the edges of the armor and I'd rather keep them on the smaller side.

The chest and helmet looks great! Although, i just wanted to let you know, that your thigh armor looks a little big to me. You can change if if you like to make it more proportional, but you know your body better than me. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice- I already have some neodymium magnets so I'm glad I'm on the right track with that. I'll definitely keep all this in mind. Also, do you think that a higher number of magnets would help with the size issue? The ones that I plan to use aren't too big but they're already larger than the edges of the armor and I'd rather keep them on the smaller side.
Stacking them does help, to a lesser degree than size. If You're limited by width, you can try that if you think the hold is almost strong enough. You can also, if you're attaching things that have a non-visible interior side, attach them there, but it takes more work and thought because the faces still need to aim to stack for the strongest hold.

The chest and helmet looks great! Although, i just wanted to let you know, that your thigh armor looks a little big to me. You can change if if you like to make it more proportional, but you know your body better than me. Good luck!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that because not only did they look a bit big, but after staring at it for a while I realized that it would probably suck to walk and bend with leg armor like that. I'm still adjusting it to look better but I do have to go ahead and do a test ring to make sure that I'd have enough room for my leg + some padding on the inside lol. So dw, I'm definitely working on it!

Stacking them does help, to a lesser degree than size. If You're limited by width, you can try that if you think the hold is almost strong enough. You can also, if you're attaching things that have a non-visible interior side, attach them there, but it takes more work and thought because the faces still need to aim to stack for the strongest hold.
Alright, thanks! I'll mess around with it and see how it goes.

Got some more printing done and got some boots and gloves to sacrifice :) Ignore the funky neck and stuff from the hoodie, it helped keep stuff generally in place without having any padding to see how everything looks + feels lol. I've been slow to actually work on my own stuff because I'm currently helping my bf get started with his armor
1711905154998.png
1711905167178.png
1711905185645.png

1711905245340.png

It looks like it's coming together very well!
Don't worry about the hoodie-undersuit, that's the exact same thing I do for test fitting parts xD
I printed my chest in the same way (without gaskets) and I was legitimately worried that without the inbuilt gaskets it wouldn't look good, but contrary to that worry, this thread's filling me with hope for my build!

It looks like it's coming together very well!
Don't worry about the hoodie-undersuit, that's the exact same thing I do for test fitting parts xD
I printed my chest in the same way (without gaskets) and I was legitimately worried that without the inbuilt gaskets it wouldn't look good, but contrary to that worry, this thread's filling me with hope for my build!
Thank you!! I'm glad that I could give you some hope lol

This is looking really good! Eager to see how the leg pieces go, I'm currently struggling with mine as I think I may have printed them to large.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back