405th Community Usermade Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

405th Community Game Day Forge Maps

This is for Community Game Day Maps only.
April 25-26

LOGOTWO.png

Download Sandbomber

Recommended Gametypes: Neutral Assault

Weapons on Map:
BR x2
Shotgun x1
Plasma Nades x2
Plasma Rifles x4
Energy Sword x1
AR x4
Mauler x2
SMG x4

Description:
Symmetrical Bases are connected a two level center base with a bomb overhead. Run up and grab it before the enemies, while picking up as many power weapons as you can. Camp at your shield doors with the shotgun so they enemies cant get in. Run in and plant it, before its too late.

SB1-1.jpg

SB2-1.jpg

SB5.jpg

SB6.jpg

SB7.jpg

SB3-1.jpg

LOGOONE.png

Download TeleFlag

Recommended Gametypes: Multi-Flag

Weapons on Map:
Shotgun x2
Battle Rifle x2
Splazer x1
Machine Gun Turret x2
Needler x2
Sniper x2

Description:
Two bases are separate from eachother, only to be seen by the sniper. Teleport below to the crypt to battle it off until you sweep through the enemy teleporter up to their base. Take their flag, and do it all over again.
The Sniper can hit the other base off guard, just as long as they aren't using theirs as well. Everything is symmetrical. The teleporters are in the back of the bases, which receive in the miniature bases. To get back into the base, use the teleporter in the pyramid.

TF1.jpg

TF2.jpg

TF5.jpg

TF6.jpg

TF7.jpg

TF4.jpg

TF3.jpg

6-16 players.

May 9-10​

relocklogo.png

Download Relock

RL7.jpg

RL6.jpg

RL5.jpg

RL4.jpg

RL3.jpg

RL2.jpg

RL1.jpg

Recommended Gametypes: Slayer, Capture the Flag, Assault, KOTH.

Weapons on Map:
Shotgun x4
Battle Rifle x4
Frag Nades x8
Plasma Nades x12
Needler x2
Spiker x2
Plasma Rifle x4
Magnum x2

Description:
A remake of the DLC Halo 2 Map, Warlock.
"Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary some stubbornly maintain that this structure was once a forerunner arena."

Encryption

EC6.jpg

EC7.jpg

EC4.jpg

EC5.jpg

EC3.jpg

EC2.jpg

Recommended Gametypes: CTF, Slayer, Territories, Assault.

Weapons on Map:
Assault Rifle x4
Brute shot x4
Rocket Launcher x4
Carbine x4 (lotsa 4's?)
Mauler x4 (seriously?)
SMG x4 (Im not joking..)
Plasma Pistol x4 (Wow, just wow.)
Plasma Rifle x 4 (This needs to be ended.)
Spiker x4 (=\)
Magnum x8 (pwnt.)
Shotgun x1
Plasma Grenades x4
Frag Grenades x8​

Description:
4 way map, once again. I dont know what the deal is with all the 4 way maps. Anyways, Made by the 405th. 4 bases, on the points of an X, meet up in the center for battle royal, on two different levels. Access your upper base with the mancannon or go up through the center. Either way, expect enemies.​

As soon as we have more game days, we will have more maps. Thanks for looking.
~Keegan​

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems nice, I mean I'm unsure of Discussion area though. I still have to test my Snadbox map with a larger group also, I would need advice anyway.

The Stig said:
Sandbomber was great, Real fun to build.
(Or watch you build).
Reccomended download there.
I tried to help, but being the Forge noob I am, I was too worried about screwing something up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
SandBomber and Tele-Flag were a blast to make with Keegan and a few others. I just thought, hey, we already made an assault map, time to make a flag map. good times, hope to make a few more with ya.

I just looked both maps over, and they are GREAT! Denfinitly download these babys! :D

Side note: For some reason Tele-flag reminds me of Lava Giant from the original unreal tournament? I don't know mabye it's me?

Well alot of time and effort went into these maps you guys, so download away! Thanks goes out to Keegan for thinking up such a good idea!

One sad detail, I will not be able to host the eastern time party this weekend. :cautious:
So if anyone could host that would be great.

Any maps being made while Im gone?

and thanks everyone, there was a lot of sweat, blood, and tears put into these maps. Well, not literally. But there was time put into them, and it definetley paid off.

Alright, SandBomber is ready again for download. Feel free to download. Im already thinking of ideas for this weekends forge.

FILESHARE

You will find a map and a gametype.

Taken from my forge-hub thread:

Ships is a map consistent of two relatively large gun-platforms suspended over water. The game is invasion, and each team spawns on their respective "ship"

The blue team (Elites, offense) are on the same ship as the territories to be invaded. (located on the side vulnerable to attack) The red team (Spartans, defense) defend the territories from their ship. Then, in phase three, they defend their own ship from blue teams bomb assault.

The map also supports other gametypes and regular invasion, but the custom gametype "Invasion: Ships" is highly recommended.

1111_by_funkyskull-d3dmbr0.jpg

Red ship (top) and blue ship (bottom).

As mentioned, the map is intentioned for the special gametype "Invasion: Ships" for optimally balanced gameplay.

The first phase is slightly tilted in the elites favor, with hiding-spots and a general lack of overly lethal weaponry; although all players spawn with three grenades so watch out for them explosions! Elites have Evade or Sprint. Spartans have Sprint. There is two territories. One on deck and one below. Both take 30 seconds and the elites have 4 minutes to complete this task.
Elite tip: Make short process of the batteries and other explosives near your position, or they will be used against you.
Spartan tip: Curb your grenade throws on the mast and ship-wall to reach those nasty hiding-spots; and use the explosive batteries to your advantage.

In the second phase, new weapons and armor abilities are awarded. Elites get Evade, Sprint and Hologram. Spartans have Evade, Sprint and ArmorLock. The usual weapon setup is still Sword + Spiker (or pistol/repeater), as has been in phase one. Two grenades per spawn. A DMR spawns in each ships tower which acts like a marksmans nest and is available trough a teleport at the bridge.
Two portable turrets also spawn on each ship.
The territories are now narrower and more vulnerable to attack. It also takes 1 full minute to bleed them out, but the elites have 5 minutes to do so and there are three of them. One on deck, one on the bow (front) and one at the aft (back).
Elite tip: Detach turret and you can bleed the timer and shoot at the same time.
Spartan tip: Take out the enemy cannons (shade turrets) if you haven´t already, they are slow to load and you will have the upper hand with them gone.

The third phase is an Assault phase, (elites bomb the enemy ship). The Man-cannons appear, and Jetpack is available for both teams. (+Hologram/ArmorLock) This means both ships are accessible for both teams, though they still spawn on their respective ship. This final phase is tilted slightly in the spartans favor, in terms of difficulty.
A rocket launcher appears in each teams "captains quarter" (or: room below bridge), and a needle rifle on each ships bow, most likely to be picked up by enemies arriving via Man-canon. Both teams also get a Banshee, which spawns on the side oposite battle-side. Take use of this as quickly as possible. The Spartans also get a grenade launcher, which is optimal for "sinking" the enemy banshee. However, this weapon spawns only once, and on a trap door which can be broken from underneath the spartan ship (Via banshee or kamikaze-elite).
The elites have 5 minutes to deliver the bomb to the back of the spartan ship. That means a trip over both decks and a man-cannon. With 30 seconds bomb return time and 45 seconds sudden death.
Tip: Water is deadly, so don´t fall off. This also counts for vehicles.

All phases support multiple fire-team spawning and optional spawn zones, and fire teams are switched around, so they don´t spawn in the same general area each phase.

2222_by_funkyskull-d3dmc6f.jpg

3333_by_funkyskull-d3dmc5c.jpg

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to a video

I apologize in advance for the poor quality. No sound. Cammed.
Also you should know it is built for more players than featured in this video.

I originally thought, such a plain name, such a plain map, but you proved me wrong. This is an excellent map, for one it actually looks like a ship, which already surpases my abilities! You renamed the objects used to suit the ship theme, like how the shade turrents are cannons and how you sink the banshee. The only problem is the elites have to capture their own ship twice. cant you put like a ganplank sort of thing? But even then it isn't really a major flaw in the map. I congratulate you on a well constructed map!

Oh, and welcome to Forge Hub!!! =D

Thank you so much! Its great to see people appreciate the map! Cant ask for more. And trust you me, making the ships look like they do was a real challenge. It has to be a compromise between exterior aesthetic appearance, interior design, functional gameplay experience and an acceptable level weight (or budget).

On the matter of gangplanks, yes, I partially agree with you, and it was in fact in the plan to begin with, but I changed it after testing that with other players. You see, the whole point of this map is to break up the usual pace of gameplay, thus forcing the player to think in different ways than before, as well as providing a break from the mainstream bundle.
It wouldn´t have been particularly groundbreaking to make another "Boneyard" or "Spire". I personally think we need more invasion maps than those, and that they require their own type of strategy.

Still, if you want overall access in the second phase, I recommend enabling jetpacks in spartan and/or elite loadouts. Think of them as "Grappling Hooks".

:)

I would have found it cooler if you, um... placed the ships in the water. It does make sense, right?

Yeah, in the beginning I was thinking about having them float on the surface of the water like real ships. But it appears to me that as a design element, this has been done before. A lot. And as mentioned I wanted to make something new.
Also I don´t like how the water is animated towards foreign objects. (its not) And its very hard to create the illusion that something is floating, rather than being a fixed object.

Then I had to take the gameplay into consideration. I really needed to elevate the map to give jetpackers and banshees some dynamic vertical room around the platforms, and a better chance to pull themselves back on (where they to fall off). Or else perishing in the abyss would be far too big a hazard.

I kind of like the ships where they are. It seems kind of romantic, a battle in mid-air. Reminiscent of fantasy- and science fiction pirates alike.

You honestly don´t like space-pirates?

these ships are beautiful and look very old. I am going to DL indefinitely. I do agree with Ozkid3232 thought that you should of put this in the water that way it would add that extra edge of authenticity. Overall very beautiful.

Thank you and Im glad you like it! :)

I wish I had more tools to use in forge. For example I could use a "move" tool, to select groups of objects to move at the same time.

Also It would have been extremely cool to have a group of objects move on a set course. Like falcons in campaign. Imagine this level moving around Forge-World in a massive mobile carnage! Now that I want to see.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back