40K Space Marine - Scratch Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I haven't seen this build before today. I love your carving skills with foam. The only suggestion I can think of for the gaps in the knuckles is possibly using some wire loom, possibly split in half or something. You'll probably using wire loom for all the tubes going up your abs anyway, and they make it in several different diameters. One questions tho, why didn't you decide to bulk your glove up with carved blocks of foam? You obviously have the skills to make that work.

Oh, one other suggestion. I have built tabletop scenery for the very game that inspired this work of yours and have made many items from foam and cardboard and other materials. You may want to give you finalized sculted foam pieces a few coats of watered down Elmer's white glue, and then resin it afterward. The white glue will prevent any reaction between the foam and the resin, and the resin will form a harder shell, thus giving your great sculpts some resilience.

Wow, you can put all the details right in with the piece right there! I love the hands! I tried thinking about what to do for those for a fantasy build of mine, and I couldn't figure out how to get it so the wires would not be in the way, but that Bolter looks heavy!

Thanks all for the comments.

erikm1811 - Good tip on the glue/resin idea. I might give it a try if I ever get time to get back into the full armour build. I was also thinking of maybe using the foam to make moulds, then cast the actual armour. But I am a long way off, and very undecided at this point. Glad to hear that I have options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back